• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Cant get my engine started.

jamsmanblue

I bought and OBR full mod engine over the summer, ran great for about 2 months. I put it away for the winter in my closet. I've trying to start it for 2 days now, and the engine just won't kick over.. I replaced spark plug, reset carb needles, everything I could think of. I even place a plastic bag over the air filter, to act as a choke, still nothing.. Anyone have any idea's what I could try out?? :mad: It sounds like it wants to start, a minute ago, but just doesn't. I just broke a pull start, and installing another now.. Also it doesn't look like the idle arm is touching the idle screw. I screwed the idle screw all the way in and it is about 1mm away from touching. Do you think the carb could be bad? It's a walbro 990, but its only been ran about 4 time last summer, and then put away..

Last edited by a moderator:

Deluge

How is the throttle trim? Make sure the linkage isn't binding. If it's not that, take off the air cleaner and look down the carb, sometimes the throttle plate will loosen up and bind. There's a little screw holding it in place, make sure it's tight.

As far as the starting issue, this guide should help.

A Rough Guide To: Engine Starting Problems

jamsmanblue

Okay thanks i'll let you know how it works out. What do you think of them roto starts from rovan? I had a roto start on and hpi nitro years back and thought they were pretty good.

jamsmanblue

where is the one way bearing located anyways? I did take off the carb, and the gasket was torn, and the the throttle servo horn, was stripped. Just ordered a aluminum one. also once the carb came off the idle arm is now touching the idle screw. once I replace everything, I think things will be fine.. Where is the one way in the engine?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts