• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Can someone confirm my list needs?

str8jailbird

OK another question. I was just looking on DDM's site and see that they have a single spring (7500 premium) for 54mm clutch. Which one goes in the Rampage? I know it is a CY but is it a duel set up like my Baja or a single like I saw? Awe, heck, after either installing the 28.5 that Rob has or the 28.9 that Dave has I'll probably just leave it stock. I did the reverse clutch shoe mod for my 5B SS and it engages at a slightly lower rpm but has a LOT less slippage than before and that's with the high response springs (8000rpm).

kryptonite

ok, yes that clutch spring will fit. the hpi's fueli is really the cy mill thats in the ramp(diffrent cc). you also don't have to worry about the single shoe clutch. 2 shoe is the min. your ss has an 8k spring. by reversing the clutch you have made around a 7300k spring. by reversing the clutch it may "seem" as tho it slips less, but its really just opening up sooner. with the ramp, i wanted the clutch to engage as late as possible to help with the low end lag. for that i went with the red, hpi 8k spring. and didnt revers the clutch. and even with a headkit, i would still opt for a 8k spring.

Last edited by a moderator:

str8jailbird

kryptonite said:
ok, yes that clutch spring will fit. the hpi's fueli is really the cy mill thats in the ramp(diffrent cc). you also don't have to worry about the single shoe clutch. 2 shoe is the min. your ss has an 8k spring. by reversing the clutch you have made around a 7300k spring. by reversing the clutch it may "seem" as tho it slips less, but its really just opening up sooner. with the ramp, i wanted the clutch to engage as late as possible to help with the low end lag. for that i went with the red, hpi 8k spring. and didnt revers the clutch. and even with a headkit, i would still opt for a 8k spring.
Just to clarify I wasn't referring to a single shoe clutch but a 2 shoe single spring clutch, sorry about that. I know that the reverse clutch mod makes it open a little sooner in my 5B, I was tired of just spinning the Hostile MX's in the grass, dirt and pavement. It gives a much more controllable take off versus the instant insane punch with the Dom rear that's on it. I wasn't sure if the Rampage came with a 2 shoe single spring or duel spring clutch. Anyone have any input on the bore kits I mentioned? The 28.9 from Dave's is ESP ported with a stuffed 2mm stroker crank and about 70 bucks more, but you know, "ARGGHHH MORE POWER". I just don't want to be replacing driveshafts and diffs if it is overkill.

mooman007uk

Banned
Ramp clutch is the stock zen/cy 2 shoe 1 spring, most guys here have opted for 28.5 race ported top ends including myself...I'm running an oneills...if you've installed the upgrade kit you'll have nothing to worry about...my MT just soaks it up.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts