• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Can someone confirm my list needs?

str8jailbird

OK, well I think that I will be ordering from Rob on Tuesday. Here is the list so far that I have although I can't get everything that I want from Rampage Hop-ups. This is not my first large scale but I want to make it mean as hell. I am not considering high performance parts just yet but here is my order thus far;

1)Rampage MT clear body (duh)

2)upgrade lit

3)Ramtech steel gears

4)High response clutch springs

5)Fast eddy gear plate bearing kit

6)Blue aluminum gear plate

7)HPI 3000mah battery pack

8)Hitec HS-5745MG

9)JR RS310 (all of my stuff is JR already so it will be easier)

10)Dynamite micro-failsafe (these are great if you've ever used one)

and the last 2 for shits and giggles

11)DDM rear from Sprint77

12)ESP modified 27.2 with stuffed +2mm stroke crank/big bore kit (from DDM)

Let me know if I missed anything for the initial run. And thanks for all your help folks.

kryptonite

im not sure how good the dyno failsafe is as i have never used them, but the rampage comes with a seperate failsafe unit in the radio box. i use a pico kill swich and not the failsafe(some run both) so i cant really say how the stock one is.. the only thing i broke besides was the stearing mount. it went before a suspension arm

jaysyourhandyman

str8jailbird said:
OK, well I think that I will be ordering from Rob on Tuesday. Here is the list so far that I have although I can't get everything that I want from Rampage Hop-ups. This is not my first large scale but I want to make it mean as hell. I am not considering high performance parts just yet but here is my order thus far;
1)Rampage MT clear body (duh)

2)upgrade lit

3)Ramtech steel gears

4)High response clutch springs

5)Fast eddy gear plate bearing kit

6)Blue aluminum gear plate

7)HPI 3000mah battery pack

8)Hitec HS-5745MG

9)JR RS310 (all of my stuff is JR already so it will be easier)

10)Dynamite micro-failsafe (these are great if you've ever used one)

and the last 2 for shits and giggles

11)DDM rear from Sprint77

12)ESP modified 27.2 with stuffed +2mm stroke crank/big bore kit (from DDM)

Let me know if I missed anything for the initial run. And thanks for all your help folks.
13)shock shafts

kryptonite

i think for the "INTIAL RUN" your pretty set-up .. its cold out tho. my body lasted 2 roll overs. it was in 3 peices.. the new body got a whole tube of shoe goo. i just painted it on in the corners an stuff(neatly). i also dropped the body down so the back end rests on the roll cage to stop it from flexing. i spent 3 hours painting my shell for it to last 5 minutes..

str8jailbird

OK, I'll add the Picco kill switch (everyone is currently out) and the Phatdad shocks shaft kit. Hopefully that will about do it. I wish the weather would warm up, it only went to 15F today. Man am I ready for spring, I haven't even been able to run my Baja. I can handle the cold if there is a noodle rod in my hand and I am standing in a stream filled with steelhead, other than that it's too frigging cold out there! :mad:

Clubin

Banned
I would suggest a race ported 28.5 over the 27.2 I have both and the Race ported DDM is more powerful, has more torque. It is just better suited to the MT. Clutch spring, I would not suggest, if you are running a 28.5 it is a torque monster. It iwll be easier to install than the 27.2 kit too.

If you want a little higher engagement try a DDM 7500 spring, the spring from the Baja 5b engagement is way too high for a mt. I know I tried it.

5745 is agood envestment you will need it sooner or later but rite away, yank the t/b servo and chuck it in the garbage. I am running a ACE 1015 for t/b.

Ramtech 20% springs, although the ones that come in the upgrade kit look good.

Upgrade kit is a nescessary envestment, and has just about everything that you'll ever want.

Neverhappy

I understand the need for all the upgrades. But can the Rampage be ran stock for awhile for us that don't have alot of money after just buying the Rampage? It takes me a while to save up money being on workers comp checks.

kryptonite

str8jailbird said:
OK, I'll add the Picco kill switch (everyone is currently out) and the Phatdad shocks shaft kit. Hopefully that will about do it. I wish the weather would warm up, it only went to 15F today. Man am I ready for spring, I haven't even been able to run my Baja. I can handle the cold if there is a noodle rod in my hand and I am standing in a stream filled with steelhead, other than that it's too frigging cold out there! :mad:
tomorrow its gona be 40+. i'll be out there

RampageHopUps

Neverhappy said:
I understand the need for all the upgrades. But can the Rampage be ran stock for awhile for us that don't have alot of money after just buying the Rampage? It takes me a while to save up money being on workers comp checks.
If you get the Rmapage, I throw in the upgrade kit. That solves some problems, except for the Throttle servo.

mooman007uk

Banned
I'm a ported 28.5 oneills fan but ddm or oneills I concur with clubin...I reckon they're the best size motor, bags of torque and high revs.

I got a 8000 hpi spring that was free but have a 7500 ddm spring coming, i run the ddm in my fgbaja and prefer it over the hpi...the hpi does engage too high and isn't as strong.

Neverhappy if you don't run it like you stole it it will be ok but definitely get the upgrade kit and go from there..it's super value and addresses the initial weaknesses.

kryptonite

Neverhappy said:
i don't meen to "rob this thread", but if you keep it somewhat on the ground you can run stock for a while with the upgrade kit. im really light on my rc's and the only thing that failed was the 2-25 tooth gears. if you keep off the cart-wheels and losen up the servo saver the stock servo should last. we all love to mod like crazy but i think this is a good, fun rig to just bash around the field. i think the problem with jumping is that the tires are just so freakin heavy. also keeping it out of the cold will help with breaking plastic

Neverhappy

Thats the answer that I was looking for. Just need to run for awhile to give me more time to save more for upgrades. And teach my daughter more of the hobby.

Sorry didn't mean to hijack this thread.

str8jailbird

OK, I'm curious as to what "crazy driving" is? I don't treat my RC's like stepchildren but neither do I baby them. I know that I beat my LST2 far far worse than my Baja but with good reason. Crash any 20lb+ rc into something or someone and you are going to a lot of damage to both, so I tend to be a tad more conservative with my large scale stuff. I don't think that my Baja has seen over 5 feet of air (granted it did travel about 30 thru the air!). I'm not saying they can't handle it, I just can't bring myself to do it:(. Trust me, the Rampage will be seeing a lot of time at the slate dumps ,hill climbing is awesome!) but I don't think that I am going to put it thru the 20-25 foot drops from the top of the slate piles like I do my LST2.

str8jailbird

kryptonite said:
tomorrow its gona be 40+. i'll be out there
Yeah, I just saw the forecast. Go figure, superbowl Sunday and I have to work. They just called me so I took the midnight shift for OT as well, another 16 hour day. Another superbowl spent in prison! Man I hope the Steelers win.

mooman007uk

Banned
the rampage is tough with the needed upgrades..check out my vid...they'll take a good thrashing and jump awesome,, the best nitro i had was an LST...tough as hell and the ramp is the LST of 1/5 scale, I now have my sprint pipe so plan on seeing how high i can get off the jump I was hitting in the vid sometime tomorrow...I believe well over 5ft is possible

kryptonite

str8jailbird said:
Yeah, I just saw the forecast. Go figure, superbowl Sunday and I have to work. They just called me so I took the midnight shift for OT as well, another 16 hour day. Another superbowl spent in prison! Man I hope the Steelers win.
ya, try being on "lock-down" for the super bowl, sleeping on a 2" thick plastic mat in a 4by10 with 3 guys you wouldnt piss on if they were on fire.. and why don't you guys turn the heat up? its coold.. :D :D THIS THREAD HAS BEEN HIJACKED! im with you jailbird. i don't treat my 5th scales like my nitro's. its just a diffrent kinda fun. but have you ever seen moomans or gas jockey's video's. know thats hardcore bashing. i like to go tank after tank with out breaking.. thats just me tho

str8jailbird

kryptonite said:
ya, try being on "lock-down" for the super bowl, sleeping on a 2" thick plastic mat in a 4by10 with 3 guys you wouldnt piss on if they were on fire.. and why don't you guys turn the heat up? its coold.. :D :D THIS THREAD HAS BEEN HIJACKED! im with you jailbird. i don't treat my 5th scales like my nitro's. its just a diffrent kinda fun. but have you ever seen moomans or gas jockey's video's. know thats hardcore bashing. i like to go tank after tank with out breaking.. thats just me tho
Hey wait a minute! When I'm cold I turn the heat up in my office (I have the thermostat), oh I guess our "residents" don't have that option. Well there is always the "buddy system" just make sure all the clothes are on, lol. I watched mooman's vid yesterday that is pretty awesome. Did you see the one on Youtube where the guy is launching a 5B rtr off a ramp? That thing has got to be getting 15-20 feet of air. No way would I do that, I'm happy with my baby steps.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts