• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

C- hubs shiped

k.jensen

YAY my parts are in the hands of the danish costums right now. so damn it's been a fast trip overseas :)

strodedawg

got c-hubs on, one fit perfect and the other slightly tight , lightly filed it and both are smooth as butter.

as usual awesome job, now i just need al diff cases and new towers and i am a happy camper

k.jensen

weee, got all my stuff, but damn had to pay an extra $100 to the goverment to recive my package, got off easy. lol

but damn the 7075rc front bearingholders are both running waaay to tight in the 7075rc c-hubs. I almost can't turn them with my bear hands..

anyway, it's looking real goood :D

XBENOOB

You may want to apply some grease to the lower pin.. The pin will rust inside the front c-cup / or back bearing holder and will seize inside....

I had that happen to the rear bearing holder when I went to change out the plastic lower arms for the new aluminum ones... I had one side seize and I had to cut the pin off.

When the metal pins start to rust, they swell up inside and lock in.. I tried to beat on it with a hammer, and all it did was bend the pin... WD-40 did not help at all....

Maybe we should get some aluminum pins to replace the metal ones...

That could be a new part that ol'fart could make.... as well as some new bushings for the c-cups....

XBENOOB

Kaz the Minotaur said:
I wonder if something like a hardened drill bit, cut to size, would work and not swell?
Or..... Maybe if the parts had a nylon bushing, then you could still use the metal pins... the nylon would absorb the swelling...

Let's face it.... Moisture is going to happen on those pins... (water or humidity) and it is going to rust those pins..

Unless you rebuild it after every run ...... NOT!!!! lol

XBENOOB

Obeast44 said:
Get an Arbor press, it was the best $30 I ever spent. It makes pressing thing like that out easy as pie :)
It's the next tool on the list... :)

If my floor standing drill press won't do it... :D

Don't think I could get it for $30 here in Canada though... :(

Ol' fart

k.jensen said:
weee, got all my stuff, but damn had to pay an extra $100 to the goverment to recive my package, got off easy. lolbut damn the 7075rc front bearingholders are both running waaay to tight in the 7075rc c-hubs. I almost can't turn them with my bear hands..

anyway, it's looking real goood :D
You are only the second one to have a fit issue. You have a very early front bearing holder. It figurs that you are faaaaar away. did you get it worked out.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts