• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

C- hubs shiped

Ol' fart

Thats right ,in the mail, on the way.

A few notes, One problem I had that I could not get around is the sleave that fits around the bolts that hold it all together are not consistant in diameter and lenght. You may have to fix yours. I had to file one down to get it to fit in the bearing. If you have to do this make sure the sleave fits ALL the way down in the bearing. It will bend if you don't get this right.When the sleave fits put it in the bearing and put the bearing in the holder, now look inside and the sleave should be sticking out just a little past the C-hub. If it dosn't you are screwed, it will lock-up when you tighten up the bolt. I don't know if this is going to be a big problem. Mine worked fine but I know Redcat is making parts that work with plastic, not close tolerance parts like mine. If it becomes a problem I will include new sleaves to my standard with each set.

Also, some of the early front bearing holders will not fit. They are too tall. When I first made them this was not a critical diminsion, It is now. If yours don't fit do not try to file it to fit. Those surface must be flat and true to each other and there's no way anyone can file that flat. Send them back to me and I will fix them or replace them.

When everything is right the feel of the front end is much tighter, no slop at all.

Thanks to all of you for your support.

Ol' fart

XBENOOB

Ol said:
Thats right ,in the mail, on the way.A few notes, One problem I had that I could not get around is the sleave that fits around the bolts that hold it all together are not consistant in diameter and lenght. You may have to fix yours. I had to file one down to get it to fit in the bearing. If you have to do this make sure the sleave fits ALL the way down in the bearing. It will bend if you don't get this right.When the sleave fits put it in the bearing and put the bearing in the holder, now look inside and the sleave should be sticking out just a little past the C-hub. If it dosn't you are screwed, it will lock-up when you tighten up the bolt. I don't know if this is going to be a big problem. Mine worked fine but I know Redcat is making parts that work with plastic, not close tolerance parts like mine. If it becomes a problem I will include new sleaves to my standard with each set.

Also, some of the early front bearing holders will not fit. They are too tall. When I first made them this was not a critical diminsion, It is now. If yours don't fit do not try to file it to fit. Those surface must be flat and true to each other and there's no way anyone can file that flat. Send them back to me and I will fix them or replace them.

When everything is right the feel of the front end is much tighter, no slop at all.

Thanks to all of you for your support.

Ol' fart
You might as well start working on new sleeves.. Redcats new version of the sleeves are much thicker and are threaded... They might not fit...

It would be good to have a nice fitting sleeves that meet the tight tolerances that you produce... :D

DustyR3825

Banned
I am guessing that I have the older hub carriers and also the sleeves arnt working. My steering is so tight it wont go back to center....

Ol' fart

Thats one.....

DustyR3825 said:
I am guessing that I have the older hub carriers and also the sleeves arnt working. My steering is so tight it wont go back to center....
If you send the C-Hubs, front bearing holders, and the sleeves to me I will make them fit or replace them. ASAP

3350 Scott Blvd #7

Santa Clara CA

Ol' fart

Heyns Racing

Advertiser
Vendor
I had that problem with mine on one side. I filed it down the best I could and got it working. I may need to buy a replacment for one side If I start having problems with it.

J.R.

DustyR3825

Banned
Ol said:
If you send the C-Hubs, front bearing holders, and the sleeves to me I will make them fit or replace them. ASAP3350 Scott Blvd #7

Santa Clara CA

Ol' fart
I will get them out to you tomorrow....One side seems to be better than the other......Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:

XBENOOB

Heyns Racing said:
I had that problem with mine on one side. I filed it down the best I could and got it working. I may need to buy a replacment for one side If I start having problems with it.J.R.
I had the same problem when I ordered the bearing carriers the first time. I had to shave off a lot of metal to get them to fit the gun metal c-hubs from redcat.

That's why I ordered a new set with the C-Hubs.. :D Should be a perfect fit.

I have not used the HPI adapters yet, but I have noted that they are a real tight fit in my Pro Line Desperado wheels, and they won't fit in my HPI star wheels. I will have to shave a little off to make them fit... But I will wait on that as I am saving up for some nice aluminum wheels from King Motor RC.... :D :D :D

Ol' fart

k.jensen said:
really do hope mine works when they arrive, it's a loooong way to ship them if there's a problem :eek:
Ouch, thats 25 bucks each way. I think you'll be ok with your front holders, but,

If you know a machine shop they can cut a little off one side of the front bearing holders as long as they hold it true.

k.jensen

Ol said:
Ouch, thats 25 bucks each way. I think you'll be ok with your front holders, but,If you know a machine shop they can cut a little off one side of the front bearing holders as long as they hold it true.
I'll see when they arrive... "fingers crossed" both c-hups, front and rear bearing holders (uprights) all fit perfectly...

Ol' fart

k.jensen said:
I'll see when they arrive... "fingers crossed" both c-hups, front and rear bearing holders (uprights) all fit perfectly...
You should be ok. There are only about a half dozen front bearing holders out there that are the old design.

k.jensen

Ol said:
You should be ok. There are only about a half dozen front bearing holders out there that are the old design.
ohh well yeah then I should be okay, I've ordered all the 7075rc parts u have for my XB :p lol I thought it would be a problem when u combined the 7075rc parts with eachother.. lol

edit: really really really hope they will arrive within the upcomming week... fingers crossed that the postman will run all the way to my door :p

Last edited by a moderator:

XBENOOB

Nice Mail lady just delivered my order to me..... Waited for them to come back up to room temperature (only 25°F outside) :D :D :D

They look really nice.. Fit is great on one... A little tight on the other...

Filed down a little of the top of the one that was sticking, and now it's perfect.

Used a flat file on a flat table being pushed by a flat headed individual.... lol

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts