• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

C-hubs & Bearing holders

G

I like that idea.

Gaz

Do you put 1/2 an earplug in each cup? By the way why is there so much give, should dogbones be longer? Are there some longer ones available?

Last edited by a moderator:

Wmaze54

New b here. I had the same problem when installing the rear carriers. With the stock plastic carriers the dog bone had a normal amount of play but with the 7075 they seem to have to much play. When installed they sit out to far on the tire side and the dog bone sits to far out on the inner cup. Wouldn't this cause problems by breaking the cups to fast.

XBENOOB

There is supposed to be some play in there, it allows for body flex and drive train flex..

I solved this problem by going to radio shack, and purchasing a $5 8xAA battery holder (holds 8 AA batteries) and clipped the springs off and inserted them on each side of the dog bones... allows the drive train to move, but keeps the dog bones centered...

works great..

Gaz

Can you post a picture? Thanks.

Wmaze54

I like that Idea better than mine. I used o rings and its ok but I bet the spring mod would work way better.

Gaz

What type of springs? Pic if possible.

krashkrieg

Contributor
Finally getting around to installing 7075 Front C-Hubs and Bearing holders.

I really thought this setup did away with those plastic bushings, apparently not.

I still have 2 in good condition so when I try and put the setup together when tightened nothing moves!...what gives?!...

am I supposed to keep slightly loosened and rely completely on loctite to keep them in place? Or am I doing something else wrong?

Also, anyone have a good source for these bushings?

I got some at Sears 'hard to find parts' but don't live near there anymore. Redcat doesn't sell them separately.

G

Mine were so tight that the bushings would not have fit. I used red Loctite never had a problem.

krashkrieg

Contributor
Thanks rcdad...Gaz has a pic in post #7 that shows two black 'top hat' sleeves...were they supposed to come with my C-hubs? (They did not)

Ol' fart

krashkrieg said:
Thanks rcdad...Gaz has a pic in post #7 that shows two black 'top hat' sleeves...were they supposed to come with my C-hubs? (They did not)
They are supposed to come with you car. The C-Hubs work the same as stock. Just put it back together with the bearings instead of the bushings and use the shorter screws I provide.

rampage idiot

Ol said:
They are supposed to come with you car. The C-Hubs work the same as stock. Just put it back together with the bearings instead of the bushings and use the shorter screws I provide.
What is supposed to take up the gap between bearing ID and screw? Is there supposed to be inserts between screw and bearing ID?

rampage idiot

rampage idiot said:
What is supposed to take up the gap between bearing ID and screw? Is there supposed to be inserts between screw and bearing ID?
Ok figured it out I didn't have the original parts torn apart, man this 7075 stuff is really nice with the bearing setup!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts