• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

C-hubs & Bearing holders

Gaz

Just got my parts fom 7075 and wanted to know if i need to use blue lock-tite when reinstalling screws to nuts? Not sure if there was any when i took them apart. If i don't, any danger screws will come loose?

G

Yes it's a good idea. When its screws into metal. If it a screw into a nylon locknut its not necessary.

Gaz

Anyone know what size nut that is when removing hubs?

image.jpg

image.jpg

/monthly_2013_02/image.jpg.96e4fa3d8ed6a535526f3906df807d84.jpg

G

LOL No prob man.

Gaz

Are the stock C-hub screws too long when replacing by 7075rc C-hubs? They seem to hit the dogbone when screwing them in. Need your help.

image.jpg

image.jpg

/monthly_2013_02/image.jpg.aa949d5c0cf95247dc303314116615a4.jpg

G

Yes they are. You can just grind them down a bit if you don't have shorter ones on hand.

Gaz

If i don't want to grind them down, what is the right size i need? I like when everything

Fits right. Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:

Gaz

I think I solved my problem. I guess these go into the C-hub? Now my screw isn't too long. There wasn't any bearings on plastic C-hub so i wasn't sure on the 7075 piece.How much should I tighten the screw onto the bearing?

image.jpg

image.jpg

/monthly_2013_02/image.jpg.79870aeb4c8405e9ab16aede6d32fb89.jpg

G

Very nice. They now come with screws.

Gaz

Should I use blue lock-tite? But don't wanna glue the bearing to the screw. How much should I tighten?

image.jpg

image.jpg

/monthly_2013_02/image.jpg.101ebd26d074125305a0b10c99a8069e.jpg

G

You can just put a drop on the end of the screw and work it into the threads with your finger. That will keep it where you want it.

Gaz

Maybe a stupid question, finally after installing front and rear hub carriers i noticed that rear dog bones have alot of movement ( left to right ) about a 1/4 of an inch, is this normal? Front dogbones don't have any movement at all.

G

Fronts are CVDs, unless you converted to dogbones. It is normal for the play in the dogbone. Some guys will insert a piece of fuel tube in the bottom of the drive cups to keep the dogbone centered.

Gaz

Right, fronts are cvd's my bad.That's why there's no play in front cuz they are bolted to wheel shaft. Ok. Rear are just regular dogbones so more play in them. Whew, I'm learning alt here. :)

andyken

Gaz said:
Right, fronts are cvd's my bad.That's why there's no play in front cuz they are bolted to wheel shaft. Ok. Rear are just regular dogbones so more play in them. Whew, I'm learning alt here. :)
Someone mentioned using a foam ear plug in the cup.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts