• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

burping at take off...

bobvic1217

yes!, it burps! lol About 30 tanks through, and today it just started to hesitate at take off. Before, you'd hit throttle and take right off, but now i hit throttle, and it almost sounds like it's gonna idle out, then it takes off like it should. Any ideas out there? Still have stock settings on engine, and lately have been messin with idle screw... but I have that zeroed right in now. (It wanted to move forward this whole time at idle) always used trim to keep it still.

GTS 666

I would give the carby a good spray with brake cleaner and reset the needles back to factory settings they may have moved slightly through vibrations as 30 tanks is a lot of run time. Thats probably the fist thing I would try.

bobvic1217

low speed needle....to lean... is to the right?

and if this doesn't work out... I'll go with GTS's suggestion :)

Thanks guys

Deluge

Yep. Clockwise to lean. Don't go more than a quarter turn, total. Lean it 1/16 of a turn at a time until you're happy with the performance.

This probably explains it better. The text might be a little hard to see.

72t5qu.jpg

bobvic1217

Thank you for all your time and effort. It is REALLY appreciated! :)

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts