• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

BRP Tires and Hubs for Redcat

Silent_chaos

Ok so, for those who don't know, BRP tires sre designed for 1/4 scale cars. Yup quarter scale.

They are top notch tires and are available for both onroad/drag use and for dirt use. The tires can withstand speeds up to 200km/h. Cant get any better than this

Baja and other trucks have IRP hubs in which those tires and rims are directly mounted.

I was wondering if someone can take the initiative and maybe fabricate the related hubs. And maybe contact BRP and become a subdealer. Anyone? :)

It would be a good upgrade. To have more choice of tires.

Just a thought.

Thanks

Silent_chaos

Ok so this is how the tires on your CAT will look like. (note that this is the Same rubber as Goodyear 1:1 scale drag tires)

And this is a link on all the available tires: http://www.ultimate-rc.net/department/rc_wheels_and_tires/page/1/

basically what we only need is an adapter

Last edited by a moderator:

Silent_chaos

Ol'fart might help us. I duno if he's reading this. He has other projects. Maybe he can make an adapter once he's free.

Doug? :) :) :)

Deluge

Those adapters will already fit on the MT without modification. Just remove the hub, slide on the adapter, slide the pin in and lock it down. You just need two sets of the rear adapters.

Silent_chaos

Deluge said:
Those adapters will already fit on the MT without modification. Just remove the hub, slide on the adapter, slide the pin in and lock it down. You just need two sets of the rear adapters.
REALLY??!!

What about Xb and Xt

Last edited by a moderator:

Deluge

Won't work on the X vehicles. The axles are completely different. The MT and Baja axles are pretty much the same. I've ran aftermarket axles designed for the Baja on the MT without any modding. Pretty much a direct fit.

rcgasser

Ludabud said:
Why does it say to contact the maker for tires? Wouldn't ya just have to get the rear tires? I don't understand why you would need a certain tire/wheel combo
They said to contact BRP because in 1/4 scale racing there is a different ball game in racing. When racing 1/4 scale cars you are not allowed to do anything to the engine and pipe you can only adjust the set up and the tires and improve your driving skills. That is why they have the different spacers to give you different offsets and the offsets are allowed different on different 1/4 scale cars. QSAC has very strick rules that is who runs 1/4 scale racing but it levels the playing field with everyone being the same not just the person with the biggest pocketbook wins.

With that being said yes if you are going to just use them for bashing then 4 rears that you want will be just fine.

RampageHopUps

Ludabud said:
Why does it say to contact the maker for tires? Wouldn't ya just have to get the rear tires? I don't understand why you would need a certain tire/wheel combo
Because DDM doesn;t sell the tires or wheels, so their salesguys can;t be sure what rim combinations work with the offsets..

Silent_chaos

Also, you can go to ultimaterc and order it directly. You have the inches on how much wide they are.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts