• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Broken redcat. Please help troubleshoot!

TheStig

Hi, I just bought a used redcat buggy of some sort (might not even be a rampage) anyways, it was working fine yesterday, but today when I started it up it, it doesn't move. Let me explain, the radio and engine works fine. Two pulls and it starts and the engine revs up whenever the throttle is pushed. The wheels spin fairly fast in the air, but put it on the ground and nothing... maybe a few inches or so. I'm assuming the gears are messed up. Oh, and it doesn't shift at all. It stays in first gear. if I push it backwards, theres a metal on metal crunching sound. (again something with the gears?) Oh, I don't know much about R/C cars so talk to me like I'm 12, or a noob.

Thanks,

The Stig

RampageHopUps

Sounds like your drive gears are stripped, or your dogbones are missing the pins. You just have to take it one step at a time and look for broken parts.

Put the truck on blocks and spin one tire at a time. If the opposite tire doean't spin backwards, your dogbone has lost a pin.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts