• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Brittle Body Caused By Painting?

hamster huey

Ive been working on getting a body mounted over the cage I got from Ron E and when I did some cutting the body cracked very easlily. I don't remember it being that brittle when I cut and mounted it after painting last summer. Does anyone know if the paint is eating the body making it brittle? Parker NT hows your clear body?

ParkerNT

So far the clear body is holding up very well... I've rolled it and crashed several times, on grass, gravel and asphalt. No damage to the body yet. I cut it with electrician scissors and a razor knife. It doesn't seem brittle at all. The painted body that came with the truck was a demo body, so it already had a few cracks in it. It doesn't seem any more brittle than the clear body. The only probelm I've had was a crack that happened in a corner of two cuts that I made, a natural weak spot anyway. It was also about 20 degrees that day too, so it was more brittle than normal.

Gonna have to do some more cutting though to get the body to clear the new shock towers though... Might just conver tto a TT...

Parker

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts