• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Brake problem on xt

Tormented

I finally finished my build over the weekend and went out in front of my house ran it up and down the street a few times then it stopped but still running found servo screw had backed out easy fix. So I made a few adjustments while I was there and took it out today and it wouldn't go anywhere checked brakes seemed to lock up loosened it all up and ran it seemed to be ok at low speed but if I'm going fast no brake so I stopped and checked it all out and I have zero brakes now the pin that pushes against the plates doesn't even touch now

What could the problem be

rcgasser

When you loosen up the brakes what did you loosen up? Did you check the other side of the plates for the 2 grub screws that push up against the plates on the other side?

G

There is a set screw for adjusting them. Maybe it is MIA. This might help.

-

rcgasser

Yes there are 2 of them you might want to locktite them if they are still there they seems to come out pretty easy.

G

Also...

The Cam #50037 had to notches in it. The notches must be on the pins that hold the shoes.

alfred e numan

if it is the 2 grub screws they are talking about, it is possible to adjust them with a long allen- gotta slide the allen aganst the side of the big chassis gear-use a flashlight to see the grub screws. might even have to sorta flex the allen with your fingers or a tool to hit home plate--- the screw heads. works for me anyways.

Tormented

Finally got a chance to look at it for a few min and found the upper grub screw missing and the lower right at the edge but a bigger problem I found is one of the screws in the center pinion gear has backed its self all the way out

G

Without any force on them they are normally pretty sloppy.

Tormented

Right now there is a ton of slop enough wee when I engage the brake the flat side of the pin doesn't even touch the plate. Will those grub screws adjust far enough to take up that much gap

Trip..

Yes.

They need to be adjusted properly to keep the brake disc on the layshaft square. See the layshaft square above 50023 in the diagram? That's the square I'm referring to.

If the screws aren't adjusted to the correct position the brake disc will fall off the square and won't do anything when squeezed by the brake pads.

Stygian

Banned
I have the Rampage MT and Rampage XB x2 the truck is running perfectly with no issues broke a few things but replaced it already but both my xb buggies are down I have one that won't even start no matter what is done to it, the other one is tuned up and runs just won't move seems breaks are stuck they are sure fun to figure out what goes wrong but sucks at the same time.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

Latest posts