• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Body warping/melting

Nelson86m

Hi, first post but have been reading a lot from here. I got a Rampage MT V3, The body where the gears are at is warped got hot. Was wondering if this is normal or is something wrong with the gears to get that hot. Also should I be putting any oil or grease on the gears after so many tanks of gas? muhazunu.jpg Other than that my Rampage has been awesome, I've put about 5 tanks of gas through it and not had any major problems. ymyvu7et.jpg

rcgasser

That warping is not from the gears or it would have melt the gear cover also that is heat from your motor that is warping the body. Also you have grass stuck in the top of your motor that will cause the motor to run hotter. You can line the inside of your body with aluminium tape that sold at home depot in heat and air section it will stop the body from warping more but for the damage that is already done you are pretty much stuck with that.

Silent_chaos

^sharp eye.

Yes that heat is from the motor.

Clean that grass

Nelson86m

Ok, thanks. I will get some aluminum tape and line the body. Cleaned all the grass out of the motor, any tips other than not driving in the grass to help keep it from building up so fast. I have been blowing it off with my air compressor, but a lot was packed in there. Lol also switched my tires around, was to excited when I got it, and have been driving it after work so been putting it off switching them around.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online