• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Body protection

MOfroggy

I had a serious flip yesterday and I started wondering just how strong the body was in a crash and I decided to do some checking. There is about 3 1/4" inches of space between the underside of the cab of the body and the top of the roll cage. I had some REALLY dense foam squares laying around and I glued them in place using Liquid Nails. My thought was that they would help distribute the weight of the impact more evenly and not put it all on the body posts. I will let you know how they work.

IMG_0033.jpg

Sprint 77

Contributor
Thanks MoFroggy That is exactly what I was thinking when we talked same kind of foam and everything. I think this will work well to keep the body in tact and prevent exhast damage.

MOfroggy

I have yet to see if it is going to help but I can't see how it is going to hurt. We will have to try it out on your truck....I know how much you like to do vertical 180's.

MOfroggy

MOfroggy

I think my "mod" will prevent that. Don't get stuck on doing it exactly like I did, there has to be something in you pit box or around the house or at your local hobby shop that you can use, how about the short spring for the baja? (or is that a bad word here?)

Shiny

That is a good idea.

I think the metal kag is a must for this car. Let’s hope it is out soon.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts