• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Blue Engine Cover

hamster huey

I don't think this will work if you start with a black engine cover because those are molded in black. I started with a chrome engine cover and stripped all of the chrome off leaving the molded whitish plastic bare. I roughed up the suprfaces for painting, put in my headbolt access holes, and painted it using rc286. I picked lexan body paint because I figured it has less of a chance of peeling than regular spray paint. Time will tell how durable it is. Now I just gotta get a blue cage, blue wing, and blue beadlocks........

LEADFOOT

Krylon & Lacquer

chevy said:
hey another way is to paint it with krylon plastic paint! it works good and kinda melts into the plastic, theirs a primer too, flexes good so no cracks!
after the last color coat of Krylon, then spray on a few coats of clear lacquer for a dazzling finish. :D

I just finished my new Rampage open TT Buggy in bright yellow...looks great! with all the black & anodized blue (painted the roof yellow too)

- I'm going to post photos as soon as I figure out how to do it..... :/

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts