• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Best XB brake upgrade?

ImminentFailure

Could be set screws as already said. It can also deal with how your linkage is setup. YOu may not be getting full breaking just based on the setscrew/collar that retains the spring on the breaking linkage. I run fuel tubing vs. a spring, and my breaks come on quick, and at full lock up. Mine is setup that way because where I run my XT, I don't use breaks unless I'm 'oh shit' about to hit someone. So they are all or nothing, and the come on full with about 10% break input on my transmitter. I just come off power earlier, or let is coast a bit when on pavement. On pavement my XT will usually stop in less than 3 car lengths, and that's running the lowest gear, so not a ton of speed.

ChuenouXiao

ImminentFailure said:
Could be set screws as already said. It can also deal with how your linkage is setup. YOu may not be getting full breaking just based on the setscrew/collar that retains the spring on the breaking linkage. I run fuel tubing vs. a spring, and my breaks come on quick, and at full lock up. Mine is setup that way because where I run my XT, I don't use breaks unless I'm 'oh shit' about to hit someone. So they are all or nothing, and the come on full with about 10% break input on my transmitter. I just come off power earlier, or let is coast a bit when on pavement. On pavement my XT will usually stop in less than 3 car lengths, and that's running the lowest gear, so not a ton of speed.
I will verify my stoping car length and get back to you if I get my engine to start! :(

Patricio

On my Dune runner I needed to pull the pins that hold all the break parts in. I put in a couple washers so the pads and the plates did not have as much room. Effectivly moving them closer to the outside toward the gears. This made it so the cam lecer did not have to swing back as far. Breaks very nice now.

krashkrieg

Contributor
Patricio said:
On my Dune runner I needed to pull the pins that hold all the break parts in. I put in a couple washers so the pads and the plates did not have as much room. Effectivly moving them closer to the outside toward the gears. This made it so the cam lecer did not have to swing back as far. Breaks very nice now.
I did something like this on my MT but instead added another brake pad on the main gear side, effectively pushing it closer to the crown gear...I've had problems with the first pad riding too close to edge of brake pad hub (aka D shaft coupler) and turned the square center of the pad into a circle.

ChuenouXiao

Patricio said:
washers? I'm afraid I don't know how you put washers in your brake,... got pic or diagram?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts