• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Best XB brake upgrade?

rcgasser

What is it that you are trying to hop up on the breaks? The breaks works great and grab good.

ChuenouXiao

rcgasser said:
What is it that you are trying to hop up on the breaks? The breaks works great and grab good.
Here is my problem. Once I hit top speed of 36 MPH so far, and if I break instantly my tire doesn't lock completely and screech. Instead it slows done about 10 XB length and then stop. Now I expect tires screeching to a stop. Now please note that if the car is in idle it doesn't budge when you break. Do I have to reset my set screws for my break? I don't want to ware off my break too bad because of me setting the break too high. What is the proper procedure to setting the break properly?

Last edited by a moderator:

Deluge

What throttle/brake servo are you running? Also, it depends what surface you're running on. If it's dirt, it'll break traction if you lock up. But if it's on road, it'll be harder to lock up because of higher traction. Consider the weight of the vehicle, as well. 20+ lbs at 36 mph, it's just not going to stop on a dime.

ChuenouXiao

Deluge said:
What throttle/brake servo are you running? Also, it depends what surface you're running on. If it's dirt, it'll break traction if you lock up. But if it's on road, it'll be harder to lock up because of higher traction. Consider the weight of the vehicle, as well. 20+ lbs at 36 mph, it's just not going to stop on a dime.
I have the HS-5645 MG Hitech for my throttle. I don't expect the car to stop completely but I do expect it to lock my tires to where the tires would screech. I mostly run my XB on pavement because its not setup for off road yet. So you recommend me setting my brake screws?

rcgasser

So yes if you length the set screws a lil longer it will brake harder but not too much or then the brakes wont dis engage when you are trying to drive.

alfred e numan

On my Xb the brake rod end was hitting the engines crankcase- 5 second fix with the sidecutters, rc gasser has a good idea- I tried replacing the spring with a piece of soft tubing- i did not like the feel- I tried the longer spring from a pen that i snagged from the teller at bank of america- no i do not feel bad at all- and the longer stiffer spring works better too! Just be shure to reset your transmitters adjustments- set the brake linkage up correctly. Worked for me!!

Deluge

A 5645 has plenty of torque. You could try threading the set screws in a little more. Since you're running on pavement, like I said before, it's going to take some work to get it to lock up and break traction.

alfred e numan

brakes

If you hammer the brakes too hard on pavement you are gonna break something in the drive line, also i think the stock clutch spring is a six thousand rpm spring- soo- until the engines revs drop below this rpm- ya see what i say??

ChuenouXiao

I guess what I'm trying to say is, what should I expect from my XB regarding performance breaking on pavement and off road? ? A general idea of how your XB breaking is like comparing to mine.....

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts