• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

best tire setup for mt pro

berto1230781

hey guys i still cant decide witch tires/rim combo to go with for my mt. looking for something almost to the same hieght of the stock mt tires not as wide and defenitely way lighter then the stock wheels. first option is the proline trenchers with split six wheels but what else will it make my truck look good. thanks

G

The Imex J7 is really the only tire close to the MT tire size wise.

The Trenchers are nice, not nearly as big though.

Here is a MT with the split six & Trenchers.

berto1230781

thanks guys i think the trencher with vertigo 24mm adapters win :) . what gears should i get to run this trencher rcdad?? right now i have 27/33 2 speed

G

If you are running a stock motor....

36/20 for the 2 speed

29-31-25-25 factory gear set-up.

If you run a race ported motor you can run taller gears. I'm going to try a 39/17 on my XB on my OBR 27.2.

berto1230781

yeah im runing stock motor with 8000rpm spring ill go ahead and order the 36/20 thanks rcdad. i bet your will be really fast :)

CyberVet65

Contributor
Being new and buying a used truck can be frustrating experience.

On one hand you want to tear down and fix/replace marginal parts. On the other hand you want to get this thing out in the brush as soon as possible!

I am lucky to have DDM just up the road. Most orders come in overnight. But here I am, waiting for the mail or UPS or FedEx to deliver.

Still it is a fun part of the hobby to be able to find things that will make the truck faster, more sure footed and less prone to breakage.

Getting into customizing is a series of choices. Do I want it to look good? Or do I want to be able to burst concrete block in half? Climb Pike"s Peak or be a truck that everyone goes OOOOO when they see it?

Aftermarket is often a "best guess" scenario. For example. Tires and wheels. Buy cheap and often or get the ProLines and run them forever. Getting opinions about what will work best with this engine or that gearing is a real lesson.

Oh yeah.....Engines!!! Holy Crap! Get a bigger one, get a race ported one, put a dual cylinder in there, go with the 1000cc Ninja engine.

All I wanna do is run the thing. A lot. And not have the engine break.

Fun is the game. Reliability is the goal.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts