• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Best motor option?

jigawatt

what 5th scale really needs, is an article for:

Maintenance

Upgrades with pros/cons

There are a bunch of parts that do nothing, yet people buy them cuz they think they really do, IE boost bottles lol. I'd like to know more about cranks, which so called upgrades actually work?

kryptonite

don't get us wrong "jig".. cranks work and the performance gain is VERY noticable. they also arent a "problem" upgrade. just like anything else, there is always a possibility of failure. alot of guys have nothing but good luck with stuffed strockers. there is also the non-stuffed strocker. they are flawless like a standard crank. with a stuffed crank they remove some material to balance it out. the stuffing is added to reduce crank case volume on the down stroke to get a better blast on its return up. one of the bonuses to adding a stuffed crank verse a non stuffed stroker is you don't lose any rpm. with a non-stuffed stroker you will lose a noticable amount of rpm's but gain a great amount of torque. the stuffed stroker balances it out.

jersey- you will be happy with any upgrade to the motor. but if your not running a pipe, then alot of the high end modds like porting and cranks will have little affect. if your not running a "good" pipe, i can promise you that you will get more out of a $150 pipe then you will out of a $180 motor upgrade. if you wana stick to the $100 budget then grab a ported or non-ported gp29(28.5) and let it rip with whatever can exhoust you are running. you wont be disopointed either way. ported mills are not all that much more cash then a standard non-ported. im running a non-ported gp29 and an X-can in my mt and it rips. ($155), hope this info helps..

387mudslinger

Contributor
i run a 2mm stroked,and ported 30.5 with some internal mods of my own that help with the over all power,but i think my28.5ccv2 runs better

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

Latest posts