• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Best Dual Battery Charger?

Gaz

Your thaughts and opinions? For 3s - 4s batteries, and future proof.

rookie101

The Hyperion you put the picture up of is a great charger, but I went with the Hitec X4 ac/dc version. Absolutely love it, and couldn't imagine not having a four port charger.

If you're going to run electric, you can't have enough batteries or chargers.

Gaz

I was looking at that one, 50w per port. Some said it is not enough to charge 4s batteries, am i right?

rookie101

It will charge them fine, just a bit slower. Max is six amps per port, but if your using all four you likely wont get more than about five amps in the real world.To put out big power you really need a dc charger with a really big separate power supply.

I looked into it before I picked up the X4 but even for a single port charger and power supply that would charge the big five and six cell batteries at max speed was going to be around five or six hundred dollars Canadian. My X4 was two hundred and twenty five and it although it chargers at a slower rate it does charge four at a time and will do up to six cell.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.