• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

best battery pack to buy?

ChuenouXiao

That will fit into my stock battery compartment with no mod? Something in a 5000MAH range?

alfred e numan

those battries are a good idea. Another part that will help is called a direct servo harness. Look at your reciever. You will see the plugs from the servos. There are 3 wires. +,-, and a control wire. It is not logical to run the +,-. wires tru the reciever. This is quite a lot of current to be flowing tru the tiny printed circut board. The direct servo bypass- bypasses the +,-. wires out of the reciever circut- It feeds the d-c power directly from the battery -to the servos.- Only the control wire is going tru the reciever. On the cats, there is plenty of room in the radio box for this harness to fit. This is sold for 12 dollars. I purchase these from TGN in Califorina.- Team Go Nads. Look for this harness in the electronics area in this TGN website.

G

Killer RC makes this for direct power wiring. I have one one the way for the new lipo receiver pack.

-

b064fcce.jpg

G

ChuenouXiao said:
That will fit into my stock battery compartment with no mod? Something in a 5000MAH range?
You might want to consider a lipo receiver pack. It wakes up those servos.

alfred e numan

Yea, thats the way to go. Huge weight savings, voltage regulation-- Digital servos require lots of current- way more than analog. Ones gotta wonder if some of the servo glitching posts i see here are because of our monster servos pulling so much power away from the reciever that it goes under voltage and is causing these glitches?- just an un-educated guess.

my79cutty

Not be rude and jump in on someones thread but what is needed to convert over to Li-Po or Life-Po. Wanting to convert over to get better response on my servos.

G

Not be rude and jump in on someones thread but what is needed to convert over to Li-Po or Life-Po. Wanting to convert over to get better response on my servos.
I have read that that some have ran the 645 and the 5755 on 7.4 volts. I'm not sure how long they would last. You don't want to run a regulator because then the servos only get the 6 volts. It's the higher voltage that gives the punch.

I upgraded my servos to the 5685 & 5765. Page 2 http://www.redcatrampageforum.com/showthread.php?t=8619

Deluge

ChuenouXiao said:
I don't mind the extra punch to my servos but I think these you listed are good enough for me Deluge :D Besides.... I don't have any special lipo charger if I was to get those high performance battery pack :D What is up with those battery packs from RC killer?
Yeah, I'm not quite ready to kick NiMH's to the curb. They get the job done.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts