• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Best battery for stock electronics?

WeedwackerLover

I have to charge my receiver battery every tank, which is getting old. I am still running the stock 6v 2500mah friggen turd pack on my MT v3 26cc. lol I want something that will last a good while.

Can I run a 7.4v lipo receiver pack? I have heard anything higher than 6v fries the stock servos...

If not, what, in your opinion, is the best 6v nimh hump pack for the stock electronics? Thanks.

Heavy Chevy

Not sure about the 7.4v lipos but I run a 4600 DDM battery and it's awesome. I get at least two good long runs before I even think of charging it

dozer187

i bought the ddm 5000mah and i get at least 4 tanks out of it b4 i have to charge it...

ps. i forgot to add if ur running the stock on off ur gona have to change the connection on the battery to a b.e.c...there only like 50 cents or so and any automotive or motorcycle shop should have it......all u do is pull the pins out of the battery connector and put em in the bec plug

Last edited by a moderator:

hamster huey

Theres no way your using even 2000mah (let alone 2500mah) on one tank even w/after market servos unless something is wrong with your servos, charger, or the battery. You should be using just under 550mah w/thr/brake digital and digital dual steering. The stock units use less. To answer your ? though 3000mah is enough for at least 5 tanks when charged properly in my experience.

dozer187

yea even with the stock battery i still got at least 3 tanks with all aftermarket servos and about 90 diff led's on my truck lol...with my current 5000 im on tank 8 without charging and im still running all the lights

WeedwackerLover

Thanks for all of the replies! Mine is the MT by the way, which has dual steering servos. Maybe the battery was just breaking in and now it lasts longer. On the first two charges it went dead within one tank, truck was functioning fine. I have been charging it after every tank since then to be safe. I'll try and run it for two tanks tomorrow and see if battery holds up now!

Gee

Contributor
I gave up on the stock battery and have been running a lighter 2500mah 2s lipo in mine. Not with the stock electronic though. I have the following electronic in use:

Futaba R604 rx

(2) HPI SFL-10MG Steering

HiTec 645MG for throttle

Battle Switch Kill Switch

LED Lighting

Haven't had any issues plugging in the lipo when it comes off the charger at 8.4v.

racetruck

do you run the battery down with a light bulb setup if you don't you need to run the batterys all the way down and peak charge. one thing to check does you charger time out of just shut off i was using the onyx 210 and when i charged in 1.5 amp my charger would time out on the safty timer instead of peaking the battery to full 4200mah the amp hour was showing 1200ah my battery is 4200ah so i had to restart the charger 3 times to get a full peak charge

WeedwackerLover

It ran for a good 2 1/2 tanks this time! Yes, it was just the first two tanks that I got the short run times because the battery wasn't broken in, apparently. My stock steering servos are clattering a lot now, must be time for an upgrade.

I'm using a venom pro charger for the battery. It works great, settings are at 2500mah, 6v, and I charge at 2 amps.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts