• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Best Baja Wheels for Xb-e !

Gaz

Hey guys,( I've got the adapters. )

This may be an old subject but i'm lookin for different wheels the the standard Baja 5 star rims. Any sugestions on nice lookin wheels for my Xb-e? Advice on aluminum wheels, too heavy? Easy to scratch or dent? Maybe a combination of both plastic and Aluminum? Your thaughts and pics , thanks again.

P.S Must we use only 4 front Baja wheels? Will the rear wheels not fit?

Last edited by a moderator:
G

Browse DDMs Baja wheel section. You can use fronts or rears. Fronts for the 5b, 5t & 5sc are all the same size. Aluminum wheels are cool but heavier. They hold up fine. I would never race with them. I only run mine in the grass. For the dirt I stick with the plastic wheels.

Gaz

Is it better to go all fronts? Will all rears be to much strain on the gears or rods?

G

Nope it's just personal preference.

Here are some examples of my XB.

-

All fronts on aluminum wheels.

-

These are fronts and rears.

Gaz

I read somewhere that by using wider rear and thinner fronts could possibly put more pressure and bend the drive shaft on a 4 wheel drive?

G

Nope. No bent shafts. That XB gets a work out run'n an 7.5hp FMLR. I haven't broke any drivetrain components yet. The only time it's broke is when I wreck. LOL

G

The rear and fronts are the same diameter on all my sets. You can't mix the 5t and 5b tires, as the 5ts are taller (larger in diameter)

Gaz

So if i understand correctly, diameter ( height ) is a problem. Width is Not a problem. Right? As in all Baja 5b wheel set.

krashkrieg

Contributor
Re: Best Baja Wheels for Xb-e !

Gaz said:
Has anyone tried Baja 5b rear wheels on front and back? Possible?
See my post #2 they are Baja rears

Sent from my Shoe-Phone using Tapa-Toe 2

Gaz

Looks good on a truck but not sure how it would look on my Xb-e. What about the wheel offset on rear's, would they rub against shafts or shocks? Since it's 4wd would it be good to use the same size all round? If I were to use small front and wide in back would I destabilize the 4wd traction?

krashkrieg

Contributor
Re: Best Baja Wheels for Xb-e !

I'd throw them I my XBe and snap a pic, but it's broken down for maintenance and new parts. I don't think narrow fronts and wide rears will matter much.

Oh, they don't rub.

Sent from my Shoe-Phone using Tapa-Toe 2

G

Gaz said:
Looks good on a truck but not sure how it would look on my Xb-e. What about the wheel offset on rear's, would they rub against shafts or shocks? Since it's 4wd would it be good to use the same size all round? If I were to use small front and wide in back would I destabilize the 4wd traction?
Keep in mind the XBE has all the same suspension as the XT. The XT has some pretty wide wheels. I've had rears on all four. There are no fitment issues. The width of the wheel will not effect the 4WD. As long as you run all 5b or all 5t tires you are fine. No need to run 2WD.

Gaz

I think i'll try small front and wide rear. Gonna post a pic when it's done. Thanks Guys for all your input, much appreciated.

BertR

I am running bow-tie fronts on front and rears on rear and they handle well

BertR

the xsc body bought the farm after it hit a concrete wall just before Christmas.The poor thing has been through hell and back and still kicking . so I'm converting it to a xb for a different look

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts