• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

bent chassis. hammer out or replace

kryptonite

so i bent the chassis in the front and rear today. wondering if i should bend it back, or replace it. i would like to replace it as its only 2 months old, but my 'list" is growing.. im afraid it will just bend again in the same spot..

pup1970

So, 30 foot jumps are not the best thing to do? If you can match the angles, I would hammer those back in place. Not enough of a bend to cause any real weak spots, but if you can make some under plates, that would be ideal.

Clubin

Banned
They bent down? Weard, you must have landed on somthing hard in the midddle of the chassis.

I made under plates from 2024 aircraft grade aluminum 3/32's I thought it would stiffen things up a little, well believe it or not it didn't. So I took them off.

pup1970

I believe that most underplates, like tthe Scorpion braces, are made fro steel. With them being such a "small" section, they provide alot of strength with little extra weight. unfortunately, I do not know of any being produced for the rampage.

kryptonite

i bent it back. the rear is fine. it bent behind the last diff mount screws. the front is ok. it was really wavy from taking hits at diffrent angles. its still tweaked a little to one side, but it will do for now

DemonRC

Hey, Kryp is that rear bend from the TT? I'm assuming so cause I did the exact same thing on my TT. I broke the wing mount to shit so I'm guessing what happens is that a hit on the top of the wing has enough force to push down on the two rear wing mount posts and bend the plate down. Mine was bent right at the rear diff bolts too.

kryptonite

well i checked out the vid closer and saw that it basicly just "ass planted" pretty hard cousing the rear to bend like that. just like yours, right behind the screws. my wing mount is non-functioning and just sits under the mt shell. i also have the front bumper on the rear. it obviously did nothing to save its own ass..

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts