• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Benefits of running hpi baja wheels?

marcsan19

I did a search and can only get that they are lighter and better for turning. Are there any other performance gains running them? Imho I like the look of the mt wheels better. The baja wheels look considerably small for the truck. I only found a couple pix of the mt with baja wheels. Any other pix will be greatly appreciated.

G

If you want the MT look then the Baja wheel are not for you. Most guys go to a Baja wheel and tire for performance reasons. The MT is heavy and a easy place to ditch some weight is the wheels. The truck becomes quicker and more nimble with a smaller wheel/tire combo.

Deansta

Hostile MX tires rip it up for off road. I prefer the smaller tires. Handles a lot better in my opinion.

G

If you lower the MT body enough, so the bottom of the body is at the chassis, it looks good. IMO

Melski415

I was thinking about doing that set up, but I run a Dom pipe. I don't think I can lower much running that pipe without a lot of body cutting

RampageCrazy26cc

i run baja wheels and tires,cause i wanted to lose weight like rcdad said,

i run badlands tires on mine

heres a pic,

still need a body and pipe.

since this pic,the gear cover been painted black,

marcsan19

Thanks for the replies. Ok, I'm asking because I bought a mt v3 that came with Baja wheels n adapters and also stockers. I'll run both n see what's best for me. I'm liking the mt wheels but will see how the Baja performs. Btw all your rides look dope.

krashkrieg

Contributor
Re: Benefits of running hpi baja wheels?

They are definitely IMEX...there is another recent thread on them...see post #3 in this thread

Last edited by a moderator:

Dreggsta

i really like the xt tires. nice, tall & wide but not too much or over done like the mt's or imex wheels/tires. i made my son's xt into an xt-b. it's an xt w/the xt gears, wheels/tires & front bumper w/an xb body & rear wing kit.

Ildy666

Never saw the imex's on an MT gotta say they look good...plus baja hex so need to swap wheel adapters for different tire styles...

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts