• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Bearing replacement question for the differential gear group

thunderbolt61

This post is in reference to my last post about my clutch issue.

When I want to buy all new bearings for the differential gear group, do they come in a group for all shafts..... or do I have to buy every single one individually?

-- I am going to buy all new gear shafts, clutch bell and bearings as well.---

robygon

When you buy bearings, the ABEC rating is very important. The higher the number, more precise, durable and higher speed. Generic bearings has no markings, stay away from them they are the most common type and they will slow down your rig. Manufacturers use them to cut down expenses. Like Phill said get them on your local bearing shop and get the highest quality (number) you can afford.

Wayne

If you upgraded to the MT or 7075 gear plate they take larger bearings and the 7075 plate takes an additional bearing. If you have the money, upgrading the plate itself is also a good idea.

Last edited by a moderator:

thunderbolt61

What method or tools does everyone use to replace these small bearings in the 7075rc gear plate?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

Latest posts