• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Batterys with the XBE

newrcownerxbe

from what i am reading every one who got an XBE had batterys come with it, mine didnt!!! bought it off ebay, and it was listed as a new item factory sealed :( i had to buy batterys, so i got 4...wishing i had more.

Not nearly enough run time for the charge time with the stock charger, this is the most dissapointing part of this machine...14 hour charge time for 2 batterys and 17 mins of run time.

factory batterys are 6s 11.1v 3600mah 20c burst rate continuos? is this the battery i should look for when i plan on buying more? or should i just go bigger? what is the biggest battery for the best runtimes? (stock car)

Obeast44

Banned
The absolute biggest batteries that can be made to fit with mods are 6s 8000mahs ran in parallel. Thatd get ya the most capacity, but would require new battery trays and a pretty fat wallet. If you want a little longer runtime without breaking the bank go for some 3s 5000 25c+ ran in series. They do have bigger batteries out there and many different options available.

Dirtconvert

Save your money on your batteries and buy yourself a better charger. The amount of time it would take to charge your batteries with a good charger is enough time to let things cool down on the car. If you try to run continuous through several packs, you are going to destroy your electrics in the car. Batteries take 15 minutes to cool before charging. Once charged it's a matter of opinion how long to wait before driving. I have seen people drive immediately, others wait 10 minutes. My batteries never get warm charging and I will go from the charger to the car. I charged my stock batteries last night from dead to full in 12 minutes, just ran them today and got 29 minutes of play. I run my Turnigy Nano-Tech 6000mah batteries and get 52 mintues of hard play with lots of WOT runs. No sense in buying cheap if you get garbage, the Hobbyking Turnigy batteries have been extremely solid for me and 2 other guys I drive with.

newrcownerxbe

Dirtconvert said:
Save your money on your batteries and buy yourself a better charger. The amount of time it would take to charge your batteries with a good charger is enough time to let things cool down on the car. If you try to run continuous through several packs, you are going to destroy your electrics in the car. Batteries take 15 minutes to cool before charging. Once charged it's a matter of opinion how long to wait before driving. I have seen people drive immediately, others wait 10 minutes. My batteries never get warm charging and I will go from the charger to the car. I charged my stock batteries last night from dead to full in 12 minutes, just ran them today and got 29 minutes of play. I run my Turnigy Nano-Tech 6000mah batteries and get 52 mintues of hard play with lots of WOT runs. No sense in buying cheap if you get garbage, the Hobbyking Turnigy batteries have been extremely solid for me and 2 other guys I drive with.
i run thru both sets of my batterys at a time and the car just starts to get warm...but each set last 17 mins, not 50 mins...so i will look into these Turnigy Nano-Tech 6000mah (52 mins playtime, i will only need one set :) )...thank you for the info.oh and i did purchase a new charger, just waiting on delivery... Charger.jpg

/monthly_2011_06/Charger.jpg.31bbae90d394c685f4916b05e18056bb.jpg

Obeast44

Banned
Dirtconvert said:
I need more battery/charger info there! :D

Dirtconvert

Epbuddy.com. Icharger 306b with an Amainhobbies super 40 power supply. I use the paraboard that comes free from EpBuddy when you buy a charger.

mavrick813

So, with the Stock XBE I could run any 2 of these?

SPC Li-Po Power, Lithium Polymer (LiPo) Battery Pack; 8200mAh, 30C, 3S, 11.1V $155.00 for 2 of them

or 2 of these?

Gens ace 5300mAh 11.1V 30C 3S1P Hard Case Lipo Battery Pack $175.00 for 2

or 2 of these?

Turnigy nano-tech 6000mah 3S 25~50C Lipo Pack $90.00 for 2 of them

And if I went this route what would be the Best Charger / PSU to Balance Multiple Lipos from, 2.2 2S Nanotechs all the way up to these?

Mike

krashkrieg

Contributor
mavrick813 said:
So, with the Stock XBE I could run any 2 of these? SPC Li-Po Power, Lithium Polymer (LiPo) Battery Pack; 8200mAh, 30C, 3S, 11.1V $155.00 for 2 of themor 2 of these?

Gens ace 5300mAh 11.1V 30C 3S1P Hard Case Lipo Battery Pack $175.00 for 2

or 2 of these?

Turnigy nano-tech 6000mah 3S 25~50C Lipo Pack $90.00 for 2 of them

And if I went this route what would be the Best Charger / PSU to Balance Multiple Lipos from, 2.2 2S Nanotechs all the way up to these?

Mike
The higher the 'C' rating the better off you'll be.

I run 2 of these in parallel, they are a great price...and get 20 min run time full WOT most of the time, and close to 40 minutes just kicking it around.

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbycity/store/__14986__Turnigy_5000mAh_6S_40C_Lipo_Pack_USA_Warehouse_.html

If you can afford it, go for the Turnigy Nano-tech 5000 6s if you can afford them, they are a little better battery.

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbycity/store/__20793__Turnigy_nano_tech_5000mah_6S_45_90C_Lipo_Pack_USA_Warehouse_.html

mavrick813

krashkrieg said:
The higher the 'C' rating the better off you'll be.I run 2 of these in parallel, they are a great price...and get 20 min run time full WOT most of the time, and close to 40 minutes just kicking it around.

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbycity/store/__14986__Turnigy_5000mAh_6S_40C_Lipo_Pack_USA_Warehouse_.html

If you can afford it, go for the Turnigy Nano-tech 5000 6s if you can afford them, they are a little better battery.

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbycity/store/__20793__Turnigy_nano_tech_5000mah_6S_45_90C_Lipo_Pack_USA_Warehouse_.html
I have a bunch of Turnigy Batteries for my Merv, I bought them because I was under the impression they were budget battery and that Gens ace and SPC were the Bets on the Market ATM.

Regardless of that debate Your second link hooked up to a Stock XBE would put us at 44.4V+? SO I'd have to Re-wire the ESC in order to run them in Parallel? What is the Max voltage that the Stock XBE ESC can handle? But if I'm running Parallel and at 6s does anyone recommend something with a Higher MAH? Say in the 8000-8300 range that I can fit onto the XBE? Or should I look at Higher MAH 3s Lipos and run them in Series?

Mike

krashkrieg

Contributor
It's not that hard to create wiring with bullet connectors that you can easily switch from series to parallel when needed, say if you wanted to run 2-3s that you might have in series or 2-6s in parallel.

I can take a picture of how it looks if you like.

10000 mah is pretty respectable, if you wanted to go bigger, you will have to seriously modify battery trays to get 6s 8000's (biggest) in there.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts