• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Battery??????

Aundre3000

Guys for the last month i've went without driing my redcat thinking it was the receiver. Now i thinking it is the batery pack now. I charge and charge it and i pluge it into my buggy and nothing happens i took it to my HPI truck (same plugs) it seems like it has a little power you can hear and see the sevo move then its likes its dead agin!!!!

Has anyone seen this before pack just go bad after getting it wet????

It got good and wet!!!

Today i was going to get a new controler and receiver for my TT should I wait and just get a new battery pack and see what happens????

Spoiled Toys

What type of batter is it?

NiCD?

Li-Po?

I have over charged a Ni-MH batter once and it was fried. So it could just be over charging. Depending on how long you have had the battery it could have just failed. Batteries internally short all the time due to age, use, how rough you are on them, and even poor design. Since you have tested ther battery in another vehicle I would guess that is the issue and you most likely just need a replacement.

Last edited by a moderator:

DemonRC

I've had 2-3 battery packs have dead cells right off the shelf. I can't count on my fingers how many times I've had a cell go dead within a dozen charge cycles. Most likely you got a bad cell.

Here's a RC fortune cookie for ya:

"Battery packs are like mail order brides. Sometimes you get a bad one. When you do get a good one, don't depend on it, cause it's days are numbered."

Here's where redundency comes into play. Always have a backup... Oh and make sure to have a backup receiver battery too LMAO. :)

Last edited by a moderator:

Aundre3000

Ok guys thanks to the local hobby store found out the batterypack is good.

I went ahead and upgraded the radio and receiver today. DX3C(SPEKTRUM)

Got it in and hooked up works ok did not get a good test run yet.

As I was testing and had to reverse the steering servo, the other went up in smoke LOL!

Got a new throttle servo now and I will upgrade the other in a few weeks!!

G

The receivers can go out if they get wet as well. I got my receiver wet once and all servos went into full spasems.lol

Ffdfiretruck

I have a spektrum sr300 receiver if your looking for an extra. It came in my MT when I bought it.

G

I have a spektrum sr300 receiver if your looking for an extra. It came in my MT when I bought it.
Those are nice. I went the cheap route and bought a flysky gt3b with some extra receivers. Great radio for the price.

Aundre3000

Ok guys new to the computer radios never had one ths hightec, set my fail safe wrong. The book say you do it why you r binding but I had to reverse the throttle and now no fail safe so I going to try and rebind it and set it agin!

I see that I will be going to get a peakcharger now because I have no way to run the batterys all the way down to get a good charge on them!!

G

I went with the flysky as well was cheaper than the spektrum tx
Yeah, you can get the whole Flysky setup for a little more than what a spek receiver costs. Lol

Don't get me wrong speks are great, just expensive.

rcgasser

Yes I feel the flysky is great and the price is just unbelievable. My flysky is full with 8 cars and 2 boats and the price for all was almost the price of 1 receiver on my M11 unbelievable!!!!!

Aundre3000

Yeah man spent $135 on radio and receiver. Very nice!

One of the guys on large scale forum he's been setting me straight on electronics first!

Had all intentions on getting new CPI pipe and the $99 radio(spectrum)! Only will work one car! ( not multiple)

The crazy thing is was trying to get my hpi savage on to day an it looks like the receiver is gone in it so this new radio will work it to! Just have to get another receiver!

Ffdfiretruck

Aundre3000 said:
Yeah man spent $135 on radio and receiver. Very nice!One of the guys on large scale forum he's been setting me straight on electronics first!

Had all intentions on getting new CPI pipe and the $99 radio(spectrum)! Only will work one car! ( not multiple)

The crazy thing is was trying to get my hpi savage on to day an it looks like the receiver is gone in it so this new radio will work it to! Just have to get another receiver!
I have a spektrum sr300 receiver if your looking for one. PM me an offer

Aundre3000

Question on the stock servo throttle are most servo arms the same size or do they change/different size with each servo?

Keep have throttle stick and it looks like the arm is not catching the servo everytime. It will drive fine, then I will hit the brake and then give it gas and then let off and it like its slipping or geting caught on my air filter????

G

The spline or gear on the top of the servo varies in size and number of teeth. They vary by manufacture as well as servo size.

If you cross the linkages that will give you more clearance.

Last edited:

Aundre3000

Ok I seen that on here before not quite sure on how to do it with the throttle and brake!

Also today I will be put the arm that came with the servo on it!

Think. I'll do. The new arm and see what happans!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts