• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Battery question

Ebb75

My son has an HSP 1/10 electric buggy. Its actually been a pretty good buggy. He is learning about doing minor repairs and has fun with it. Question is it came with a 7.2v NI MH batt. Is it safe to just throw in a Lipo 2s. Will this give it more speed, or no as it is only .2 volts more. I know nothing about electrics except more volts usually means faster. Will it be a noticable difference or just longer run times?

Motor specs. 3300kv brushless

Esc 45a

REVOlutionary Rampage

It may not be a problem BUT I would check the specs on the Motor & ESC just to be safe. I don't have any experience with Lipo but I would just keep an eye on it for a few runs just to make sure nothing goes wrong. and yes more volts usually is faster/torquier. IMO .2 volts more than likely wont turn the thing into a rocket. You will have longer run times from what I hear as well. I do have quite a bit of experience with Electrics. I just haven't quite made the Lipo jump yet.

Ebb75

Thanks. Maybe we try out a 2s and see how that goes.

Ebb75

Update. Threw in a 3s lipo. The thing was crazy, could barely drive it because it back flipped so easily. And then caught on fire. Lol. Was fun for a while. I couldnt stop laughing at my sons reaction.

Ebb75

RCDAD said:
That would of made a great video! :D
Never seem to have a camera rolling at the right time.

G

I hear that.

I just picked up a pair of iVue camera glasses, since bringing the camera is such a PIA.

G

I just got them. I'll try them out on our next outing. The YouTube vids/reviews all looked good.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts