• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

battery leads

rampage idiot

what are you guys doing when you run into this problem, I bought a venom 5000 mAh battery, it has I beleive a futaba terminal connector, redcats terminals are jst, killer bees power switch has something different than both of them!

Deluge

This should help you identify what you have. Scroll to the bottom.

http://www.fatlion.com/sailplanes/servos.html

As far as the JST terminals, those are on the Redcat power switch (I think) and the stock battery. Unless I'm not reading correctly, you have a Killer RC power switch. So the JST terminals shouldn't matter. And the Venom battery has a universal plug, so that shouldn't be a problem, either.

grober02

So I have a similar question. I just got a Venom 5000 VEN-1506 battery and I have a stock power switch with a different connector type. How can I connect the Venom battery?

rampage idiot

If you are not using your factory failsafe (the one that is supposed to be wired in in your receiver battery box) just cut the end off and solder it on your power switch leads.Like I said before I bought a killer bee power switch and it has the right end on it for the venom battery.I cut the end off my failsafe and soldered it to the harness on my battery charger because it did not have that type end to charge the venom batt.

Deluge

rampage idiot said:
If you are not using your factory failsafe (the one that is supposed to be wired in in your receiver battery box) just cut the end off and solder it on your power switch leads.Like I said before I bought a killer bee power switch and it has the right end on it for the venom battery.I cut the end off my failsafe and soldered it to the harness on my battery charger because it did not have that type end to charge the venom batt.
Wouldn't you want to charge the battery with the Tamiya connector? Or did you not have a charger that had a Tamiya connector?

rampage idiot

Did not have Tamiya connector on charger, just deans and jst so I just added the Tamiya with the jst so I can do both, I needed it now I just did not want to wait for an adaptor to come, plus I like doing this kind of stuff the more time I work on it the less time I have to crash it! I am on a bad roll lately, I need to come up with a new word that is worse than bashing! HA

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts