• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

battery issue

dozer187

i ordered one of the ddm 5000mah humppack batteries for my mt and got it today.....and i cant even use it its got different plugs on it than the on off switch uses......its got a tamiya female and a plug that looks like the ones that plug into the rx but only two wires on it.....wat can i do to make this battery work with my truck?

p.s. this is the battery

http://www.davesmotors.com/s.nl/c.885035/n.1/it.A/id.6099/.f

Last edited by a moderator:

metal finisher

Contributor
dozer same battery i have i changed the on off switch with one that has a charging port built in also to make things fit better i cut the tamiya plug off and put shrink wrap on the wires so they wont short out

Obeast44

Banned
Redcat uses a JST connector on the on off switch coming from the battery. Most after market batteries use the more popular Futaba J connector. You can do a few things here to fix the issue. You can change to a different switch that has all the correct plugs you need, or you can just convert the new battery to a JST style. Another option would just buy a 10pc kit like this one from Hobbycity and change everything over to the Futaba J connector.

http://www.hobbycity.com/hobbyking/store/uh_viewItem.asp?idProduct=9632

dozer187

thanks guys.....i think im just gona hit up the automotive store and pick up a bec plug and just swap the battery plug....ive reached the limit of my rc budget for the month lol so im gonna go for the 59cent solution lol

PISTOL PETE

if the old battery is junk just cut off the connector and put it on the new one. you may even be able to pull the pins out of the connectors and put them into the one you need without cutting and splicing. careful not to touch them together:eek:

Last edited by a moderator:

dozer187

the stock battery has never been run i just got the truck a week or so ago .....been gettin it prepped to run....should be good to go tomorrow .....i ended up checking an old rc onroad skyline i have and there happened to be a bec connector on there so i took that pulled the pins out of the battery connection and right into the bec....im glad i had it other wise it woulda been a longggg walk to the automotive store considering my mustang isnt running anymore

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts