• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Battery fit?

Spkey

What battery should I use? And will it fit in the box? I'm leaning towards the Venom 6v 5000MaH NiMh or the DDM black magic 6v 5000MaH NiMH? I just bought my first 1/5 scale and have purchased/upgraded the servos to hi tech, 5 way splitter for servo, killer bee switch, jetpro exhaust, hpi filter with outerwear and new rx and tx futaba. Any helpful info/advice would be appreciated.

vpalace

If your servos are high voltage, upgrade to a 2s 7.4v lipo. It will give the servos a lot of power and wake them up.

G

Any of the 6v hump packs will fit in the box. There are not many LIPOs that fit in the dual servo battery box.

Ildy666

Spkey said:
What battery should I use? And will it fit in the box? I'm leaning towards the Venom 6v 5000MaH NiMh or the DDM black magic 6v 5000MaH NiMH? I just bought my first 1/5 scale and have purchased/upgraded the servos to hi tech, 5 way splitter for servo, killer bee switch, jetpro exhaust, hpi filter with outerwear and new rx and tx futaba. Any helpful info/advice would be appreciated.
Loctite all.metal to metal contact points,vent fuel tank,temper diff. Cups,sleeve outer diff. Cups,make sure all.intake bolts r tight.oh and have fun...enjoy ur ride....

Spkey

Thanks everyone for the tips. This is a great site for advice and tips! I will stick to the NiMh and later on will switch over to lipo... Maybe. I will loctite all metal to metal. Did the manufacturer loctite all screws or do I have to unscrew and loctite everything? Also with the upgraded exhaust I obviously loctite the screws too? You feel like a dummy asking questions which to some seem obvious. I just want to mak sure and not make any mistakes.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts