• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

battery charge ?

laganm21

Ok i have a 1500ma battery pack 4 cell 4.8v, and i got a Dynamite MEGA1 15min charger, AC/DC 7.2-8.4 Volt 4 Amp quick Charger, Ok so what I have fount so far is this calculation, if you have a 1500mah battey and the charge rate is 4amps, 1000miliampe= 1amp , so this is how it goes 1500mah\4000mah = 0.375 and than muplty that by 1.3 for the Coefficient and you get 0.4875 hr so that allmost half an hour (30min) charge time, but my question is this whole forumla does not include the voltage of the charger, dose it matter any help would help ,

All I am trying to do is charge the 4cell 4.8v 1500mah battery pack with my quick charger, because the supplyed charger that came with the battery takes 16/20 hours to charge NOT GOOD lol

hamster huey

laganm21 said:
Ok i have a 1500ma battery pack 4 cell 4.8v, and i got a Dynamite MEGA1 15min charger, AC/DC 7.2-8.4 Volt 4 Amp quick Charger, Ok so what I have fount so far is this calculation, if you have a 1500mah battey and the charge rate is 4amps, 1000miliampe= 1amp , so this is how it goes 1500mah\4000mah = 0.375 and than muplty that by 1.3 for the Coefficient and you get 0.4875 hr so that allmost half an hour (30min) charge time, but my question is this whole forumla does not include the voltage of the charger, dose it matter any help would help ,
All I am trying to do is charge the 4cell 4.8v 1500mah battery pack with my quick charger, because the supplyed charger that came with the battery takes 16/20 hours to charge NOT GOOD lol
The following refers to a computer charger: Charging a 1.5 amp hour battery at 4 amps per hour would take 0.4 hours (24 minutes) in theory but quality chargers you set the pack voltage then the charger pulses the charge on and off and also adjust the amperage as needed to fill the 1.5 amp hour battery as safely as possible. Most monitor voltage and adjust the amperage peak on and off no higher than the max amperage you specified. Basically it takes longer to charge than the calculation because its not conatantly charging the whole time at the max amp rate.

hamster huey

Charging on a non computerized charger will not be as safe. You should not leave it unattended. Most don't know when to shut off. If your non computerized charger charges at a constant 4 amps it will take longer to charge a 8.4 than a 7.2 because watt hours=amps x volts so the 8.4 has more watts in it.

laganm21

Ok I did this calculation on my MT Battery its a 6v 2500 mah battery, and it said that with my quick charger it would take 45min to charge 2500\4000 x 1.3 = .8125 so allmost an hour to charge this just don't seem right, how long dose it take you guy to charge your rampage Battery pack's

hamster huey

I think those chargers put out 7.2v X 4 amps = 29.6 watt hours. So, how many watt hours are your batts (ampsXvolts)?

PISTOL PETE

laganm21 said:
ok I Did This Calculation On My Mt Battery Its A 6v 2500 Mah Battery, And It Said That With My Quick Charger It Would Take 45min To Charge 2500\4000 X 1.3 = .8125 So Allmost An Hour To Charge This Just don't Seem Right, How Long Dose It Take You Guy To Charge Your Rampage Battery Pack's
Mine Take Anywhere From 15-30 Mins @1.5a On My Peak Charger. Depending On How Far I Run Them Down

berto1230781

hey guys i have a question what battery can i put in the rampage mt battery box that's smaller then the hpi 4000mah battery to make room for more wires

hamster huey

Thank you Obeast. Ive been looking for a life cuz they don't need regulators like lipo. Until you found that one Ive only found low capacity ones. I already have a onyx 230 I got for $50 in the scratch + dent section at tower. Perfect for my poer to weight ratio project.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.