• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Battery box

Chief409

Now that all the new receiver NiMH batteries seem to have the Tamiya (standard) plug for charging, I'd like Redcat or someone else come out with a new receiver battery box top which holds the plug so you don't need to lift up the body, unscrew the receiver box top, pull and then replace the receiver battery to charge it. For ALL the different battery boxes in 1/5 scale. Or even new receiver boxes. If it's new boxes, how about an extra notch, or two, sealed with a plastic plug along the top until it's needed to accommodate wires and cables for things like the Killer Bee kill switch and other items which get added.

I'd buy one in a New York second!

Last edited by a moderator:

andyken

I notched out a spot so my killer b wiring can enter near the motor, and another spot for the charge plug wire out of it.

I don't normally run the body, just screen mesh cover...

Chief409

andyken said:
I notched out a spot so my killer b wiring can enter near the motor, and another spot for the charge plug wire out of it.I don't normally run the body, just screen mesh cover...
I've done the same, but a newer design would be nice. HPI started the charge plug change, but adding things you still need to notch the box. It'd be nice not to get so much dirt in there. Different size notches for different needs, use what you want.

G

That would be cool.

I drill holes in the bottom of mine and seal the wires with shoe goo.

TheCount

I made one for my MT on my 3D printer.

This one broke, so i printed another using Nylon. It is way stronger.

And YES my MT still looks like that. I'm very lax when it comes to cleaning them. :eek:

kur

TheCount said:
I made one for my MT on my 3D printer.This one broke, so i printed another using Nylon. It is way stronger.

And YES my MT still looks like that. I'm very lax when it comes to cleaning them. :eek:
Have you thought about making a set of nylon a-arms? If they turned out anywhere as strong as the rpm arms for the baja I'm sure you could easily sell enough to pay for that 3d printer in no time!

cs49230

Grommet WirewayI increased the size of the servo wire notch on the battery box to accept a grommet. Once the wires were routed I sealed the area with some liquid tape.

DSC00183.jpg

DSC00182.jpg

DSC00183.jpg

DSC00182.jpg

/monthly_2014_06/DSC00183.jpg.d50a7759b06a404348bc686f510a07be.jpg

/monthly_2014_06/DSC00182.jpg.b141b5d1895af361c195f3682b8e8338.jpg

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts