• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

batteries and esc burnd?

migurami23

:(I have a few questions. I was bashing the hell out of my xbe, just to see how much it cud handle and the cat can take a really good beating. After the first batteries ran out of juice I put on some used batteries that I got for I good price, from another xbe original batteries. And in just a few minutes of run time and bashing it hard I launch it about 6 to 8 feet high and it bottom out hard, really hard I was 15 to 20 feet away from the car and I thought that everything was ok just a hard landing ,to my surprise the car would not respond.i walk up to the car to see what had happen when I got to the car I started to see smoke coming out from the sides of the shell, to tell you the truth I was a little scared because it started to really smoke a lot. So I went for it with all the smoke coming out and removed the shell as fast as I could. And yup the two batteries were completely smocking and melting away, so I pick up the car and flip it over so that the batteries fell out and just melted away. The sce burned up as well and part of the battery tray i believe that the motor is ok I will have to check it out later. What do you think made this happened?

1. Bad batteries. :confused:

2. Hard landing and making the esc burn? :confused:

3. What do you think made this happen? :confused:

Keith81

guess i won't be jumping my xbe...

sorry to hear yours did this....

migurami23

Wow so the impact was so hard that the batteries wires probably snap and or the impact made them burst, but why start to melt and then the esc as well?.

krebidoux

if the esc is not mounted with anti vibration mount tape the hard landing could have messed up the esc and taken the batteries with it. i had a hard landing with my 1/8 scale and my momba monster went up in smoke. kyosho makes some anti vibration tape, it's two sided and about 1/4inch think and squishy. i started using it and haven't had any problems since.

krebidoux

yes and no. it comes in a 2"x6" chunk and it's about 1/4" thick and its green. it is sticky on both sides and very strong. i removed my esc once to use in another car and when i tried to pull it out the bottom came off of the esc. i can't remember the name of it but it's made by kyosho. i have a race this weekend at our local hobby shop and if i remember i'll get the name of it for you.

migurami23

Thanks I’d appreciate that. I am planning on getting the stock esc, however I plan on using my 1717cc.how do you program the esc? Or is it ready and program from the factory?

Vision

I use the turnigy advanced programmer for the esc.

Spoiled Toys

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts