• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Baja SFL10 servo for steering?

speedbaboon

Hi guys,

I just got my Rampage and want to be ready if something goes wrong with the steering servo, as I heard its not a really good one

Now, I have a spare Baja HPI SFL10 steering servo with metal gears inside. Will this servo do the job for steering the Rampage MT??

Clubin

Banned
Forsure it will work, if I remember corectly it looks like it might just drop into there. I have a 5745 ready to go in when the stocker stops.

Simsy

the steering servo is not good but the throtle servo is worse bet that goes first or that it hunts from new every ramp i have seen in aus has had that problem

Robertm235

The throttle/brake servo is JUNK!! get rid of it before it fails and could cause a run-a-way truck. The steering servo is really pretty good. I have almost a gallon of fuel though my MT and the steering servo is holding in there. But, if it does fail the HPI servo will work just fine!

RampageHopUps

The HPI servo will not drop in, it is about 3/8" too big. But, I just mounted one today with a simple mod. I will post pictures tommorrow. You need to extend teh throttle servo plate, so give more room underneath for the steering servo. The holes are already in the chassis for it.

Sprint 77

Contributor
Servo

speedbaboon said:
Hi guys,
I just got my Rampage and want to be ready if something goes wrong with the steering servo, as I heard its not a really good one

Now, I have a spare Baja HPI SFL10 steering servo with metal gears inside. Will this servo do the job for steering the Rampage MT??
Don't be fooled by the maximum torque listings on the baja servo the 5745 servo is digital where the baja is anolog the 5745 has more holding tourque and resolution both are better with the huge MT tires. They are real cheap compared to quality and hardly take any mods to get into the truck. I would buy one and save your spare baja servo for a backup on the baja. My .o2 cents for what it is worth.

Clubin

Banned
My steering servo is LOUD, that is what freaks me out about it, but for steering it will work till it doesn't, then there will be a 5745 in there. My t/b one fell into the garbage can. lol

Clubin

Banned
mooman007uk said:
Sounds like I got rocks in my steering servo, as soon as it cacks out a rhino digi4 is going in.
Funny that, my steering servo hopped right into the garbage too, must be a thing that they have:D
ROFL>. THat seems strange. Must be a greater force?

speedbaboon

RampageHopUps said:
I forgot to take a picture before racing tonight. I'll clean it and take on Monday afternoon. It worked great though.
Tell us how the steering servo holds in up in the race too mate :D

mooman007uk

Banned
I'm a rhino digi4 man, 383ozin initial with 205 holding and incredibly fast 0.1sec to 60. Torque figures are always listed for holding for these but I guarantee they are the most powerful servo apart from the tonegawa.

prostock

jaysyourhandyman said:
i like the s3306 i has 333oz in where the s5050 only has 260 oz in
i put a duel set in mine

now there is nothing going to stop it from turning:cool:
Jay,

Would the metal gears for the S5050 fit in the S3306; for and extra 69 oz-in I would do this option.

This option would also be less than the S5050, not bad at all...

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts