• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Asguard body mounts

Clubin

Banned
Here is what I did to fit my Asguard body. I originally bought it for my MCD, but it will fir fine on my Redcat so here it goes. I has to open up the wheel wells a bit so the wheels would clear, other than that, one set of MCD body mounts.

DSC00056.jpg

DSC00057.jpg

DSC00055.jpg

DSC00054.jpg

Piranha2

Contributor
I like that Asgard body. Nice work on the mounts. What color are you painting her? And is that a Baja filter?

Clubin

Banned
Piranha2 said:
I like that Asgard body. Nice work on the mounts. What color are you painting her? And is that a Baja filter?
Yes that is a Baja air filter, nothing but the best.

As for the paint, you will have to wait, you will not be dissapointed.

Clubin

Banned
Neverhappy said:
How much do those bodies cost? Are you going to airbrush that one? Looking good so far.
I can't say how much I payed for it, they are worth aobut 120.00 us or so.

I am going to airbrush it forsure, I have a plan. It is going to be real cool.

Neverhappy

I got an air compressor for Christmas that will handle a airbrush then picked up a Iwata Revolution airbrush a few weeks ago. Haven't had a chance to get the paint yet But soon. I'm going to be using createx paints. I have a great layout scheme for mine which I don't have as of yet. Don't know how it will turnout for my first time but we'll see.

Can't wait to see what you do with the body scheme Clayton.

Clubin

Banned
Neverhappy said:
I got an air compressor for Christmas that will handle a airbrush then picked up a Iwata Revolution airbrush a few weeks ago. Haven't had a chance to get the paint yet But soon. I'm going to be using createx paints. I have a great layout scheme for mine which I don't have as of yet. Don't know how it will turnout for my first time but we'll see.
Can't wait to see what you do with the body scheme Clayton.
I have the same airbrush.

pwaicon

Nice job on the mounts Clubin. Can’t wait to see how you paint it, I have seen some of your other bodies and you always do an awesome job!!

mooman007uk

Banned
Clubin said:
so do I:eek:

Rob do you have pics of your ascard body set up?

Clubin it's looking good.... is the body thick like fg bodies? I've been thinking out getting one cos I know my redcat one is not going to last long...i got a clear one to paint also but that won't last long either I'm sure.

Got the heat gun to the one I melted last weekend...bit of body shaping...it worked out ok.

Clubin

Banned
RampageHopUps said:
I mounted my Asguard with the stock body mounts?? Why didn't yours work?
I suppose I could have lifted the mounts rite up, but this was more fun. lol

Clubin

Banned
mooman007uk said:
so do I:eek:
Rob do you have pics of your ascard body set up?

Clubin it's looking good.... is the body thick like fg bodies? I've been thinking out getting one cos I know my redcat one is not going to last long...i got a clear one to paint also but that won't last long either I'm sure.

Got the heat gun to the one I melted last weekend...bit of body shaping...it worked out ok.
THis body is manufactured by ATOMIC it is a thin compared to the FG body, I think it should last, time will tell.

Neverhappy

Clubin said:
What kind of paint do you use??

Well if two of you use the same airbrush then I must of brought the right one. A guy I know said I should of gotten a cheaper one and used tht then use the Iwata to see how great a airbrush it is.

Clubin

Banned
Neverhappy said:
What kind of paint do you use??
Well if two of you use the same airbrush then I must of brought the right one. A guy I know said I should of gotten a cheaper one and used tht then use the Iwata to see how great a airbrush it is.
Faskolor is all I use and have ever used, once I am done painting I seal with Faskoat, it is like a rubberized fuel safe coating.

I never buy cheap, when you buy cheap, you get cheap.

http://www.parmapse.com/fas1.html

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

Latest posts