• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Are MCD gears softer plastic than Redcat?

hamster huey

It could just be me but I bit each one and the MCDs seem softer and before I fixed my gear melting problems it seemed like the MCDs melted way faster. It could just be me though I dunno. Anyone else?

kryptonite

im convinced it doesn't matter what gears you run. if its hot in there they will melt. i ran the upgraded mcd's for a while, then all of a suddon they all started melting after maybe 2.5 gallons(5 sets=1 day, 2 rigs) ive been running the stock redcat gears for about 4 tanks on each rig and they don't even show any sign of wear. but im sure if i run a sealed gear cover they will be gone in 15 minutes.

im also running a plastic gear plate with fasteddy bearings and the tt is stock bearings. that makes very little diffrence as both mcd's and stockers melted the same with the gear cover on..

Jersey El

I think they are both the same, either 1 last about 2 min in my TT. I was using the original gear plate, and it first melted the stockers then the mcd's in about the same amount of time. I just ordered the aluminum gear plate and new gears lets see how this works for me. I still havn't been able to run a full tank without something breaking.

Last edited by a moderator:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts