• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Anybody turn a TT into a rally car??

emu67

I'm in Vegas and can't find a good track to run the TT but there's an on road track that's almost just right for a 1/5 scaler. So, I'm wondering if anyone's done work to make a TT a rally car and to make it look proportional? I like the idea of having a roll cage to protect the thing on road too but I want the thing to look like a rally car.

Or, am I better off trading with someone who has a rally but wants a TT??

pipeous

you could have a blinged rally car. just go buy all the alloy arms and knuckles and a set of cvd's. and gears I guess... we all like yupgrading anyway and you have the platform... other than a screw falling out of the knuckle on me, it really is an impressive handling beast... guess you'd need tires too but

Sprint 77

Contributor
I am going to make one of my TT a on road car with baja wheels and Hostile slicks. I am going to put a high rear wing and a small front wing then some aluminum side pods and go for the OSWEGO MODIFIED paved oval car look.

That way I run the drivetrain stock TT with lowered shocks , soon with my TT on road pushrod suspension.

emu67

Hey Pipeous suppose I get the arms and the right length bones. Would a rally body fit over the roll cage or would I need to get shock towers and body mounts too? I'm kinda hopping someone head a recipe for a conversion so I don't have to experiment.

pipeous

well the front body mount comes off the bumper and the side body mounts bolt to chassis. I should have looked at my car first I guess. the back mount is a rear bumper that also bolts to the tower but I am pretty sure you could still get away with the tt stuff... as far as a roll cage? that would probably depend on the body you get. Austin mini has tons of room. I wouldn't waste time with the stock body. viper be too tight.

so I guess to start you would need front and rear bumper and mounts, side mounts, arms, front knuckles (have to check the rear uprights but I believe those too). shocks you could just put limiters inside, tires, hex hubs and cvd's

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

Latest posts