• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Anybody have a verdict on different pipes

JayV3rc

I've been looking to finally upgrade the pipe on my XB but can't decide I've looked at the jetpro,the ddm pipe and CPI what's gonna be my best bet I'll be honest my car goes through hell I'm always rolling the thing over and jumping it pretty hard it takes a good beating so I guess I'm shooting for a pipe that's gonna be out of the way from mostly roll over damage

DemonRC

The new Jetpro for the XT/B is better performing than the DDM pipe in my opinion. The CPI pipe is also supposed to be a very good pipe. I've heard nothing but good things about it. You may have to consider that it might take damage since it exits under the wing though. It would be better protected with a truck body.

JayV3rc

Thanks for the info guys I think I'm gonna order up the jetpro and give it a try I'll have to get some video of me and the boys bashing the cars we have 3 XB's and a dune runner so it gets pretty funny to sit and watch especially when theirs a few cold ones involved

camo

FG dominator torque pipe is the way. higly recomended, just beware that it will require mooding in order to fit it in.

JayV3rc

Anybody try the rear mount jetpro yet I saw that when looking at the side mount and it looks like it will be out of the way of almost any damage

Kebema

I'm looking to upgrade my pipe now as well. I am also wondering if anyone has had success with the rear mount version of the Jetpro Pipe for XB/XT. I am leaning more towards this version over the side mount.

IVIayheIVI

My Jetpro rear pipe on my XT lasted half a day. I cartwheeled it a couple times going over a SMALL jump. It kinked and bent inwards, popped out of the hose clamp, and melted a brace the size of my pinky finger.

The pipe sounded pretty cool and had good power top end. I was disappointed in the low end acceleration. Now my truck is laid up until either I figure out a way to straighten the pipe, or I get another. Or run with no exhaust.... hmmm.

To be honest, I feel like I wasted $170. I'll be looking into pipes that are better protected when bashing. If I lose a bit of power... so be it. What's the point of having more power if you have to drive it like a grandma?

IVIayheIVI

I'm looking at X-Can exhaust right now. Built to fit Baja, but I don't see a problem putting this on my XT. Am I wrong? Any opinions on this exhaust?

rob64n

Contributor
IVIayheIVI said:
My Jetpro rear pipe on my XT lasted half a day. I cartwheeled it a couple times going over a SMALL jump. It kinked and bent inwards, popped out of the hose clamp, and melted a brace the size of my pinky finger.
The pipe sounded pretty cool and had good power top end. I was disappointed in the low end acceleration. Now my truck is laid up until either I figure out a way to straighten the pipe, or I get another. Or run with no exhaust.... hmmm.

To be honest, I feel like I wasted $170. I'll be looking into pipes that are better protected when bashing. If I lose a bit of power... so be it. What's the point of having more power if you have to drive it like a grandma?
In all honesty the rear is not good for the XT or any bashing, it works good on the XB because it's protected by the wing stay. I've had to straighten the prototype 3 times. So for all XT owners the side pipe is the preferred way to go. The chassis is not built to handle a rear pipe.

Kebema

I have the XB. Since the stock pipe melted off yesterday, I've been spending some time trying to decide whether or not to get the side or rear mount Jetpro. I think I am going to go ahead and give the rear mount version a try since it will be protected under the wing. I really don't bash very much. I just like to run in wide open grass and dirt areas with the occasional mild jump! :D

Hopefully, it will be more durable and bring with it a nice performance increase!

JayV3rc

I was in the same boat not knowing weather to go with the side or the rear mount I went with the side it works better then expected when I called jetpro to order it I talked to Dino (owner) and he steered me toward the side mount he explained in his own opinion and feed back from the pipes the side mount makes more power I did like the looks of the rear mount better but it's whats gonna make the most power for me and I'm really glad I went with the side mount it's not in the way of anything it looks and sounds awesome and it definitely delivers on power you'll be very happy

Kebema

Ok, I think i've changed my mind again. Gonna go with the side mount pipe. Thanks JayV3rc! Just a side question: Does anyone know if they come in black? I recall seeing one pictured in the forums on Cordy's XB.

JayV3rc

I saw the same pics your probably better off going to jetpro.com and get the phone number call and talk to Dino I believe he takes all calls himself he's a real cool guy to talk to I'm sure if it's possible to do he'd prob do it for Also make sure u tell him it's for an XB cause I don't believe he had pics set up on the web site for the side mount XB/xt pipe they were not on there when I ordered mine just pics of the TT pipe they are two different pipes good luck and when you get the pipe enjoy the power

Kebema

Wow!!! I just got my Jetpro pipe today and I couldn't install it fast enough! :D With this pipe, the XB is an absolute joy to drive. Much better power. I was grinning from ear to ear while I was driving! The sound of this thing is awesome! Hearing it just pumps me up and makes me want to drive it more and more.

As I was driving, several passers by and city workers had to stop to check it out. They said they absolutely loved the buggy and especially the pipe. They loved how it looked and said it sounded great. They were just amazed! I live in a small town, and no one around here has ever seen 1:5 scale rc vehicles. Hopefully I can get a few people to get into it.

Now, i'm just waiting on my Walbro 813 to arrive. Thanks to Dino for the awesome pipe, extremely fast service, and all the great people on this forum who have given me great advice!

Jester

IVIayheIVI said:

Jetpro has a life time warranty. Contact Dino (owner) and I'm sure he can get it fixed for you.

IVIayheIVI said:
I'm looking at X-Can exhaust right now. Built to fit Baja, but I don't see a problem putting this on my XT. Am I wrong? Any opinions on this exhaust?
The Xcan should fit fine. I used one on my ralley. The only problem is it's not a great performer.

Goodluck

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts