• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

any onr check voltage on stock receiver battery charger?

brad1161

My charger says 9V and its only a six volt pack, not a big deal. Put my meter on it and got 15V. Ok or not? This is with out the battery hooked up. very low mah so im thinking volts might come down when charging.

G

brad1161 said:
My charger says 9V and its only a six volt pack, not a big deal. Put my meter on it and got 15V. Ok or not? This is with out the battery hooked up. very low mah so im thinking volts might come down when charging.
That does seem kinda high. I'd check it while hooked up to the battery. Also what is the final voltage of the pack after charging? The little wall chargers can run higher than rating but normally only by a volt or two. When ever you charge you need to be a few volts higher for the battery to draw. But not over twice as much as you state. :eek:

brad1161

RCDAD said:
That does seem kinda high. I'd check it while hooked up to the battery. Also what is the final voltage of the pack after charging? The little wall chargers can run higher than rating but normally only by a volt or two. When ever you charge you need to be a few volts higher for the battery to draw. But not over twice as much as you state. :eek:
Ya it seems high. I was checking the charger volts not the battery. Kinda hard while its charging. Just wondered if anyone had checked theres. its the stock charger.

G

I got curious. I went out to the shop, grabbed one of the Redcat wall chargers and threw the volt meter on it. It put out 14.08 volts with no load. Hooked up to a partially drained receiver pack it read .05 volts higher than the battery. The pack was 5.7v and on the charger it was 5.75v.

So I would say you are ok. That's how they are. :)

Deluge

Oooh. Damn. I misread that. You're talking about the charger, not the actual battery. Doh.

brad1161

RCDAD said:
I got curious. I went out to the shop, grabbed one of the Redcat wall chargers and threw the volt meter on it. It put out 14.08 volts with no load. Hooked up to a partially drained receiver pack it read .05 volts higher than the battery. The pack was 5.7v and on the charger it was 5.75v.So I would say you are ok. That's how they are. :)
Thanks for the help. I kinda fig voltage would drop with a load on it. Thanks guys

G

No prob man.

I had no idea until you asked.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.