• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Another won't start ......

Silent_chaos

You shld keep pulling your cord till all spray/mist is out.

Re use ngk plug.

No need to prime ur carb if theres fuel in it

Ildy666

Neff said:
I am using an NGK plug, do I need to buy another or should I be able to let this one dry out and reuse it? Same ques. for the stock plugI did put the truck upside down and pulled 5-6 times. I saw fuel mist/spray coming out but did not continue to keep pulling as I thought it would keep doing that. Will it stop misting fuel when there is none left?

I did NOT prime the bulb after doing this as it still had fuel in it. So I guess I should have primed it again?

I've had the low and high adj where they should be from the factory and even closed them again and reset them again to spec... low 1 1/4 high 1 1/2.

Out of two local hobby shops, one in town and one an hour away, Neither know anything about Gas engine RC. they are strictly Nitro and that's all they know.

New engine, $300

Walbro 813 carb, $45

Killer Bee kill switch $?

Sorry but for now I am not trying to spend another $350 plus the price of a kill switch on a truck that won't start up. I'd have roughly $1000plus in it. A lot for me to spend if I did still have an issue.

If I would have known this was going to be an issue with this Redcat, I would have just bought the Used Losi 5ive T I was looking at which runs, for $1200 and that came with a Race engine already installed and running and a stock Spare Engine.
1200 for the losi 5 t .I would of picked that up..

Neff

Thank you. I will try that soon. Unfortunately we have a storm moving in now so going outside tonight or tomorrow in the rain might need impossible. But i will follow your steps when I can. THANK YOU...

One more question... you said close the choke at first, meaning choke lever pointing down? Buttery closed inside the carb. Then pull a few times and after a pop, open the choke? Shouldn't it be the other way around? Maybe I'm thinking it wrong. Thanks for the input. Let me know.

Chris

Neff

Ildy666 said:
1200 for the losi 5 t .I would of picked that up..
Still can... Buy my Brand new Never run Rampage XT For $550 and I'd prob do just that ... lol :)

Silent_chaos

Neff said:
Thank you. I will try that soon. Unfortunately we have a storm moving in now so going outside tonight or tomorrow in the rain might need impossible. But i will follow your steps when I can. THANK YOU...One more question... you said close the choke at first, meaning choke lever pointing down? Buttery closed inside the carb. Then pull a few times and after a pop, open the choke? Shouldn't it be the other way around? Maybe I'm thinking it wrong. Thanks for the input. Let me know.

Chris
Nope, opening the choke means the lever should be Horizontal

in any case, see this vid, it explains everything that I said.

[ame]

[/ame]

Ildy666

Neff said:
Still can... Buy my Brand new Never run Rampage XT For $550 and I'd prob do just that ... lol :)
Haha lmfao.... I got an XT that runs I'll sell you to fund a losi 5ive..lol.....

Silent_chaos

once you know the hang of it you'll be able to start your engine in a matter of seconds.

I run to your problem a lot. engine gets flooded. remove spark. flip car. pull. gas is out. clean spark with napkin till dry. reput spark. fire up

Neff

Ildy666 said:
Haha lmfao.... I got an XT that runs I'll sell you to fund a losi 5ive..lol.....
Haha! :) I'm just streesed... Hopefully once I get it running, I'll be in a much better mood :)

Neff

Silent_chaos said:
Nope, opening the choke means the lever should be Horizontal in any case, see this vid, it explains everything that I said.

Will do later this evening... Thanks for posting.

tkotommygun08

Subtlebeast said:
I did not take the flywheel off. I took the cover off, installed the new stop switch and connected the kill switch to channel 3. I have a flysky 3 channel. When I turn it on the kill switch beeps until I hit channel 3 and then it goes to a steady green. I followed the steps noted above. I still can't get it to fire. I wonder if it is something with me venting the tank. I reinstalled the the stock fuel line and filter into the grommet. I then installed an aftermarket fuel line to the top portion of carb and another to vent. I noticed the vent pulling up fuel through the line, so I pulled it up further through the grommet. I am going to let if sit for a bit and try a Again next weekend.

One last question, I just played around with the idle screw and now I need a starting point. Should it just be at the smaller portion of the tip of the needle?

Thanks again for The help.

Anthony
Hey Subtlebeast I Got A FS 3 channel Myself And Untill I Reversed The Channel 3 It would Do The Same As Yours Now After Reversing It Goes Green after the Beeping Start up!

Neff

Ildy666 said:
By the way. Picked up a 5T for a Hell of a deal after that one fell through. It needs some tlc but it's a Monster! Bought it cheap enough where I can put money into it and still be ahead :) :)

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

Latest posts