• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

amsoil

tha nemesis

has anyone here tried any of the amsoil 2 stroke products ... i got some of there saber professional 100:1 pre mix ... i mix this 3.5 fluid container with 2 to 2.5 gallons of gas .. i talked to the amsoil guy and he says alot of people use this on there chainsaws and weed whackers .. i cant get koltz ,castor 927 or yamalube 2r in my area .. i can get bell ray mc-1 full synthetic though .. i need help finding 2 stroke oil .. i don't want to use walmart house brands ..

G

Honestly any of the name brand synthetic or blended 2stoke oils are fine for the factory engines. If you have a custom ported engine use what the builder recommends. Just use the ratio recommended by the engine manufacture not the recommended ratio on the bottle.

tha nemesis

i was just worried about carbon build up on the piston head and didnt want to buy cheap oil .. so still mix this 25.1 ratio or do i go by the ratio on the bottle

G

The 25:1 is what is recommended. I don't recommend ever going less than 32:1. Ever.

Keep in mind that these engines run lean at very high rpms. Less oil means less to the crank bearings. I have also read that the oil helps increase compression which can improve performance.

phreerider

bel ray Full syn. has been fine for me..less smoke, less ash. cleaner than castor. 32:1 is the limit stretching it out. somewhere between 25:1 to 32:1

like DAD mentioned the higher rpms can blister already hot crank and piston when film thickness is already at limits

alfred e numan

If you do choose to use the Amzoil or Bel-Ray, Do not even think about running those super lean gas-oil ratios that the instructions suggest. 25-1 gives a larger margin for error as you adjust the screws on the carberator. I mix @ 32-1. The guys that rebuild crankshafts have a very willing cash register for those who run 100-1. even 50-60-70-80-90 to one. Dirt bikes- snowmobiles - weed eaters- generators- Do not fall for the hype.

tha nemesis

im new to 2 stroke so im trying to learn all i can about it .. got any good tuning tips .. no one in eau claire wisc area will tune these .. i even called the tech collage for small engines .. my local hobby shop wont touch it b/c its a redcat and a 2 stroke .. ive even went as far as calling all small engine shops and even a few motorcycle and moped shops .. i have faith i can get it right .. alot of educated and trustworthy people here

G

The 1.5 is the base setting.

You can adjust to fine tune. The adjustments are very small 1/16 to 1/8 of a turn only. Most of the time we end up running it a little leaner than the 1.5 out.

Start with the 1.5 then adjust by turning the needle screw back in. Remember 1/16 at a time. Too far and you will lean seize it. It's always safer to be a little rich.

Mike4130

tha nemesis said:
i was just worried about carbon build up on the piston head and didnt want to buy cheap oil .. so still mix this 25.1 ratio or do i go by the ratio on the bottle
Don't ever run Klotz then. Terrible carbon build up. That crap ruined my motor.

Mike4130

RCDAD said:
You had an engine ruined from carbon???
Here is what my piston looked like after 2 months (And no more than 6 hours at the most total run time) running Klotz synthetic oil.

I also have a bent crankshaft as a result I believe. If you'll notice the the top of the piston where there is no build up, I 'm thinking there was zero or even (-)squish causing the force of the piston hitting to bend the crank. Either way, the piston & cylinder were a mess and the motor never ran right. I dropped in a new motor with a 990 carb and I'm up & running. (Without the Klotz...)

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts