• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

AM ok for break-in?

jaysyourhandyman

Piranha2 said:
Well, I overbought hopups :D BEFORE I got my radio (in fact BEFORE I got my truck), so I was wondering if I can break-in the truck in the fenced-in back yard with my cheesy AM Futaba? :eek:
i have used an AM radio futaba in this truck from day 1

i got my truck in August

just make sure to set your fail safe

just run it rich in oil for the first tank

kryptonite

dude, im sorry.. i thought you were refering to helya's rear tow-in AFTER the runaway. lmao.. :eek: so ya, it isnt adjustable, tho it would be nice. you "want" rear tow in. not so much on a 4wd, but it will help track straight under hard throttle. i set-up 1 degree front tow in, and 2 degree neg. camber all the way around. and yes, i did measure, but not the way you did. i used modded polycarbinate hub holders and put it on my 5th scale on-road set-up table. gives you perfect numbers all the way around. no guessing..

Piranha2

Contributor
Ouch, now I feel like an azz.....I knew you were a standup guy! And as far as Hellya, if that was "the radio" in the pic it would look alot worse than the truck after the runaway. Thanks for your clarification.

Piranha2

Contributor
Just ran her with the AM (far far into the woods) riding in the snowmobile tracks. She goes right along just stock. I little hairy when she gets on the pipe on such a narrow trail though. I avoided alot of issues by heeding most of everyone's advice. Just a perfect maiden voyage with a nice little (?) rig. Thanks

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts