• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Aluminum Suspension Arms

phreerider

nice stuff man, looks good ..unit is ready to rock. the twisted ARM makes great back up !

Silent_chaos

phreerider said:
nice stuff man, looks good ..unit is ready to rock. the twisted ARM makes great back up !
Yeah man. I have MT resi shocks on it. The springs are too stiff, will NOT be that good for jumping and absorbing that impact.

Any recommendations?

phreerider

i have not been through enough brand parts to really know. ride response on road is tedious, off road with medium to soft seems better for my style of running.

towers by 7075rc give more shock point fixation combos, that might give you more options with better shocks , or could always swap old springs onto new hardware thats stuff you already have

BertR

phreerider said:
true dat! stuff breaks...if the scale of speed and mass are keep in mind while slamin' its amazing it stays together at all....remember these are "models" not "TOOLS" even a $10k "tool grade model" will break, just like six figure ROV's, or million$ drones all have failure and brutal maintenance schld's that eat money like potato chips

and better pilots have LESS breakage, pilot your stuff with reasonable consideration or it will eat parts EVERYTIME
100% true...I break my stuff all the time and never cry to all that its a POS because its my crummy driving and ruthless disrespect for my kit lol. A 1/1 could not handle half that these rc's can in their scale.

Deluge

You can run Baja springs on MT shocks. You need two sets of front springs. What weight are you running in the shocks? Might need thicker oil for more dampening.

Silent_chaos

Deluge said:
You can run Baja springs on MT shocks. You need two sets of front springs. What weight are you running in the shocks? Might need thicker oil for more dampening.
Im running 40wt all around. 2 sets of front on all 4?

doesn't the rear need a bit harder springs than the front?

Last edited by a moderator:

Deluge

Yeah, run HPI front springs on all four shocks. Spring stiffness is determined by the surface you run on.

Silent_chaos

Deluge said:
Yeah, run HPI front springs on all four shocks. Spring stiffness is determined by the surface you run on.
Thanks for the picture. Very informative.

What does bottoming out mean?

Ildy666

That's when the frame hits the ground from the suspension compressing to the max...

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts