• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Aluminum Roll Cage

papaw

Just got my MT tonight i was wondering how the roll cage on it holds up (not going to be a crazy with it). Or what is the thought of the aluminum roll cages are they any good and how are they made tubing. solid, dia. of matl. Also what is the best air filter and filter oil to use, years ago i used transmission fluid. I did get the new 5765 mounted and will start masking the body off tomorrow and install the super bee kill. BY the way are there any tires for street out there.Thanks for any response.

The only dumb question is the ones you don't ask!

G

The plastic roll cage is fine. The aluminum is a little stronger. In a bad wreck the aluminum will bend while the plastic might break. The plastic is cheaper to replace. It's just kinda personal preference.

The aluminum cage is made from solid tube about the same diameter as the plastic cage.

The Baja filter is a good upgrade.

I use the PJ1 foam filter oil.

Hostile makes some nice street tires for the Baja. You would need the Baja wheel adapters and a set of wheel to mount the tires to. There are no tire options for the Redcat wheels.

mwoods269

Re: Aluminum Roll Cage

Recommend aluminum body post. Those and lexan body you"ll have a hard time busting the roll cage. I slammed mine on the roof from 3' on to asphalt. Broke lexan and body plastic body post.

Sent from my Galaxy Note 2 via TapaTalk

G

It help to also lower the body down. With a bit of trimming, you can drop the body so its at the chassis.

G

Drews said:
Im in the process of building my own metal roll cage i will post pics and tell sturdy ness wen done and tested
I like to see the cage builds. Look'n forward to what you come up with.

G

Dreggsta said:
That's what I plan on doing w/my xt.
This is still my favorite. It was fat49f1's MT.

-

Dreggsta

RCDAD said:
This is still my favorite. It was fat49f1's MT. -

dad that is soooo sick!!!!! it make me think about this:

[ame]

[/ame]maybe i'll see if i can get you to make me a body roll cage like that soon haha. hell yeh

Cain

awesome looking cages.

Question, for the aluminum cage, I noticed that it doesn't seem to rear all the way down to the chassis for the middle set of posts to screw to the chassis and I do have the cage seated in the outer locations. Is that normal?

I don't have it screwed in right now (need to order screws) but just figured asked right now and confirm.

G

Pretty sure it's bolted to the chassis behind the engine in the stock locations.

Cain

yeah thats what I mean. when go to do that, there is like about 10mm or so of distance from the chassis to the cage? I'll take a pic when I get a chance.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

Latest posts