• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Aluminum lower arms and skid plates/bumpers

Ol' fart

Sooooon

I have plans for aluminum arms but they will be extra long (+1inch per side)

They will fit on a new aluminum chassis that is 4" longer. This will result in a wheel base that will match the size of the Losi 5ive. There will soon be aftermarket body's for the Losi and I want to make it posible to convert the X series Redcats to this new size.

If there is intrest, I'll make reg. size arms too.

G

I think I love you!

Ol' fart

DustyR3825 said:
Will you also be supplying new Dog Bones for the Extended Chassis??
I will have to come up with something. I may be able to find some that will fit but I must admit I haven't got that far. They are a small problem to solve. Going to need wider shock towers too.

Yesss this is what i wanna hear..haa well ol'fart i appreciate the response and look foward to all the sweet hopups you will begin to create..btw im loving the big bearing holders n wheel adap. They are tough and look sick on my truck..

Obeast44

Banned
Ol said:
I have plans for aluminum arms but they will be extra long (+1inch per side)They will fit on a new aluminum chassis that is 4" longer. This will result in a wheel base that will match the size of the Losi 5ive. There will soon be aftermarket body's for the Losi and I want to make it posible to convert the X series Redcats to this new size.

If there is intrest, I'll make reg. size arms too.
DustyR3825 said:
Will you also be supplying new Dog Bones for the Extended Chassis??
I've been discussing this with Stalker and RampinRC for a little while. I've got some ideas on this if you wanna talk about it sometime.

Ron E

Contributor
this is awesome, i'd love my xt to be 2" wider :D and maybe 4" longer ;)

very cool stuff comming our way, thanks ol'fart dude... keep it comming and we'll keep buying.

Last edited by a moderator:

Ol' fart

Soon

"So the longer chassis is that for xb/xt's where can i purchase that? Anyone have a part number. "

It's not done yet we're just talking now and gathering idea's so we get it right the first time.

rob64n

Contributor
extended a-arms I can see, but longer chassis, waste of time. Losi and HPI are already oversized for the 1/5 scale class. 4x4 class works better with short wheelbase..

Ron E

Contributor
rob64n said:
extended a-arms I can see, but longer chassis, waste of time. Losi and HPI are already oversized for the 1/5 scale class. 4x4 class works better with short wheelbase..
the extended chassis for me wouldn't be for racing, it'd be just to have a BIG 4x4 truck. i'd love to see a 7075rc chassis and arm's. in fact ol'fart dude, if you need a xt to use to make a chassis or other items you can use mine, obeast can send it directly to you.

Ron E said:
the extended chassis for me wouldn't be for racing, it'd be just to have a BIG 4x4 truck. i'd love to see a 7075rc chassis and arm's. in fact ol'fart dude, if you need a xt to use to make a chassis or other items you can use mine, obeast can send it directly to you.
same here, i use mine on the street mainly its probally seen off road once or twice......i think the longer chassis would give the xb/xt a better stance, size wise..

cordy

I would love to see a chassis for the xb/xt with no chassis flex,that would be easyier than the alum differential housing.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

Latest posts