• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

aluminum gear plate

Dreggsta

i got the aluminum gear plate w/oversixed bearings. what's the "k" shaped piece for? where does it go? i have an xt & my oem gear plate didn't have this piece.

Dreggsta

ok so then remove the 2 brake pad holder stick things & the piece that the 2 holders go into opposite the gear plate? i was wondering why the inside of the gear plate had no place for a bearing.

also, my gear plate came w/3 bags of different sized bearings. each bag having 4 bearings in them. only one bag seems to have the i.d. that fits around the lay shafts or gear shafts making me short a few bearings. what's going on?

Dreggsta

none of the oem bearings fit in the gear plate. i don't know about the "k" piece. man, i thot i was done w/the gear plate. now i have to take it off, again. :/ instructions woulda been nice.

G

Deluge said:
If I remember correctly, you reuse some of the stock bearings.
He is installing the MT gear plate in the XT.

G

ok so then remove the 2 brake pad holder stick things & the piece that the 2 holders go into opposite the gear plate? i was wondering why the inside of the gear plate had no place for a bearing.
That gear plate uses only 5 bearings. The X-series plate uses 6 due to the smaller size bearings.

Dreggsta

RCDAD said:
so do i use the "k" shaped piece then or no? i guess i can? that piece has a stud & some screw holes. i tried to look for a match but i didn't think to go look on the other side of the brake pads.

G

Dreggsta said:
none of the oem bearings fit in the gear plate. i don't know about the "k" piece. man, i thot i was done w/the gear plate. now i have to take it off, again. :/ instructions woulda been nice.
Instructions?

There would not be any since the parts are a direct replacement. You are using it for a different application than what was intended. It will work you just need the right bearings.

The MT plate does not come with bearings from Redcat. Sounds like you need to get with the dealer you purchased it from.

G

Dreggsta said:
so do i use the "k" shaped piece then or no? i guess i can? that piece has a stud & some screw holes. i tried to look for a match but i didn't think to go look on the other side of the brake pads.
It's up to you. I have never seen the plastic version of it fail.

Deluge

RCDAD said:
Don't both the MT and the XT use a 22x10x7 on the pinion plate? Unless they changed the sizes, he should be able to use the one that came with his XT.

G

Yes, only on the bearing carrier for the center gears uses the 22,10,7 on the XT.

None of the gear plate bearings are similar between the MT & XT.

Dreggsta

i guess i'll be finding out tomorrow night when i take it apart again. i might install the aluminum pinion carrier depending on what else i have to take apart to get to it as i have no clue right now. i'm learning on the fly as i take things apart. so far i have the aluminum chassis plate, alum front/rear shock towers, copper drive cup braces, alum gear plate w/oversized bearings, xq throttle & steering servos, dt1 regular flow intake w/prefilter outterwear, tgn velocity stack, rear wing & mount kit, ngk plug & 7075 front/rear bearing holders w/oversized bearings installed. still have the voltwatch, killer bee, pull start prefilter to put on & 2 more copper drive cup braces to add onto the rear drive cups at the wheels. then i think that's it. oh yeh, i already got the xb body cut & the xb body mounts installed on the xt too. it looks pretty sweet w/the xb body & wing on the xt wheels & chassis. i also like the xt bumper w/the xb body too. can't wait to get 'er did so i can start on my xt w/all of these same add ons but w/a lowered xt body & xb rear wing kit.

Last edited by a moderator:
G

Where's the pics?

Dreggsta

i will def take pics when i'm finished. i don't like yappin my trap too much while i'm adding or doing stuff lol so i was gonna wait til i was done. just have had a lot of other business i've had to take care of & i work & stay out of town during the week. pics & vids will come rcdad. promise lol.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.