• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Aluminum Futaba Servo Mount ????

Wicked

What is that???

Is it what it sounds like, a mount that will fit the baja steering servo? what about the throttle servo were will the alloy piece mount???

Thanks

kryptonite

yup. thats what it is. the stock servo's are slightly shorter then futaba's. i did manage to get a hitech 805 in the stock servo mount, but i had to do some crafty "hack like" maneuvers to get it in. thottle servos are a drop in fit.

Wicked

but how does the th servo plate reach from one side to another? I know the holes on the chassis right infront of the servo mount are I am guessing is were the futaba mount installs to. but then thats longer...

Wicked

You know the more I think about it, for 30 bucks more I can buy the hitec S5745S with 250 oz of torque. Thats the better way to go. I just had a new hpi MG servo lying around I thought I could use.

kryptonite

Wicked said:
but how does the th servo plate reach from one side to another? I know the holes on the chassis right infront of the servo mount are I am guessing is were the futaba mount installs to. but then thats longer...
the alloy bracket bends in at the top so the throttle servo alloy plate still fits. it uses the second set of holes on the chassis

Wicked

Hey thanks Kryptonite.

Pretty sure I am going to get the hitec for the 30 bucks more. Then I will still have a baja back up servo.

kryptonite

here are some pics on how my hs-805 fit with stock mounts. it was a bear to get it to fit in their. it doesn't look that bad, but my fingures where sore and everything is cross threaded. i would assume the 805 and the 745 has same size case? you can see the mount closest to the front is yanked back and i had to dremal some meat away on both sides.. http://www.redcatrampageforum.com/newattachment.php?do=manageattach&p=

ttruggy rebuild 005.jpg

ttruggy rebuild 008.jpg

/monthly_2009_08/583c605a20a3b_ttruggyrebuild005.jpg.8560fd0d859dde296c1f216f70951ddb.jpg

/monthly_2009_08/583c605a21fba_ttruggyrebuild008.jpg.af5c3f81c09c5d70f1efe1e7e7ea8d59.jpg

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts