• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Alternate Body List

countstevula

Contributor
macs said:
I think there site might have just messed up. I swear it was on there, went back to order it and now it is gone. They still have the 5T there for $70. I shot them an email cause if it isnt in stock, it is free.
any links?

PISTOL PETE

Cen Body Should Work. The Cen Is Basicly The Same Size As The Rampage. BUT THE PAINT IS DOG UGLY IMO

Last edited by a moderator:

macs

MadPole said:
Like I stated earlier they want $30 for shipping. They lower there prices and jack up shipping to cover it. When I added some stuff into my cart earlier I noticed the shipping cost and called them on it. They said it is what the calculator says. I asked them if shipping was cheaper if they would refund the difference and the answer was no. Funny thing is they are ordering these parts directly from the manufacture and the manufacture is shipping direct from what I can tell. The manufacture is only asking for $6 shipping. Amainhobbies is getting the parts for an estimated %10+ discount which puts them at there price then scamming the shipping. My math is a bit bad but isn't that about a %45 profit. Don't get me wrong, I think they should make a profit but all they do is take your order and call cen for that much of a mark up. Then they lie about it. I will never buy anything from them. You should be able to trust who you are Having a transaction with and to me they are not trustworthy.

I apologize for my rant! I hate companys without ethics!

macs

Just did a quick shipping quite through USPS and it came up to $8.69 and that was rounding the weight up to 10lbs and rounding the size up.

Heavy Chevy

countstevula

Contributor
Heavy Chevy said:
That's the exact body that I have. I'm in the process of painting it. I needed to trim a tiny bit off the front of the rear wheel well. I'm using some of the mounting hardware for the rear of it. SO far, so good :)
pics when you are done with the paint job!

countstevula

Contributor
i was trying to add a few of the sc5 cen bodies to my shopping cart from amain hobbies....i was thinking of buying a few, getting free shipping and then whoever wanted one from here could get one at cost...no luck though :(

Gee

Contributor
I've tried searching to see if anyone has attempted a Pro Line Baja Bug for the 5t on a Rampage MT. I haven't had any luck finding anything in the forum. I can't even find the deminsions listed anywhere including the Pro Line web site. Anyone know of anyone that has tried one or where I can find the deminsions for it?

Sorry for the panic button. Found some info when I searched for bettle instead of bug.

mixmasterjay

ive gotr an fg marder monster beetle shell (bug) im currently building , it had no fenders front and rear (which they don't come with) and its had the whole rear end cut off for a rear jetpro so im also rebuilding that , it getting build around the rampage TT chassis too , so far ive build the front fenders on and ran out of fibrglass lol , so try looking for fg monster beetle shell mate , there is smoe on ebay uk for 45 pounds posted but i don't think he post's to the us :/ which is a shame , but if my shell goes well i might start to build them, for the rampage/blackout

jay

Gee

Contributor
Thanks Mixmaster I did see yours and serveral other post about the bodies when I searched for Beetle instead of bug. Looks like you got some fenders going on yours from what I saw. I was looking at the FG on largescalerc.com and there is three different FG Bettles listed. One is the stock Beetle, then a Beetle Pro for the Beetle Pro I assume and then they have one for the Marder buggy. The buggy one has the fenders on it still

and the back enclosed somewhat. The other two look the same in the pictures. I still have plans on getting a beetle/bug body for it but I just bought hte 99.00 Desert Rat from A-Main. I saw some guys on the HPIbaja forum had adapted the Proline bug to fit thier 5B. I may try and work something out where I can interchange the desert rat and beetle body to go on either the MT5 or 5B. Rambling.... Thanks for the iput.

The beetle bodies are toward the bottom of this page.

http://www.largescalerc.com/bodies.aspx?page=4

mixmasterjay

Hi gee , mine is the same as the pro and monster as it never had fenders on , i am building them to fit the TT same with the rear end too as that was butcherd by the previeous owner to get his jetpro fitted on his marder , mine is also fibrglass and not the lexan so its alot more ridged and stronger, ive sandwiched some aluminium mesh and paper mache between the 2 layers of fibreglass too lol , ive been looking at the desert rat sc shell for mine i think it looks awesome , ive been watching one on youtube alot its black and red with desperado rims and hostile tyres on

jay

Gee

Contributor
Sounds like it is going to be a good strong body. I like the fender look on them. Don't sound like it will be possible on the MT though.

While searching the net for FG Beetle I came across the Zeikle Racing site. Some nice looking paint jobs there. I emailed him and he said he use to have one on his MT and that I would need the fenderless Beetle for the MT. I am adding this one to my wish list.

http://zielkeracing.com/items/1-5-1-6-scale-bodies/custom-painted-fg-monster-beetle-rc-body-torn-metal-carbon-fiber-and-lightning-710-710-fg-monster-be-detail.htm

I needed a low profile servo and A-main had some on clearance so I added the Desert Rat 5b to 5t Body in order to get the servo shipped for free.

http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_info.php/cPath/1_25_1459_358/products_id/33723/n/Pro-Line-Desert-Rat-5B-To-5T-Conversion-Body

Sometime we need to be creative in order to justify the money we spend on our hobby. lol

countstevula

Contributor
Heavy, do you have pics of how much you trimmed off your pro-line 5b to 5t body and a pic of it mounted on your truck? I just bought one and would like to see what you're doing with yours....TIA

Heavy Chevy said:
for sure! It's on hold due to the cold right now....bbrrrrrr!
countstevula said:
pics when you are done with the paint job!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts